Plaid Menefesto

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plaid Menefesto

• Author

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130132]Good way to engage Mike……start a bun fight. It’s the nature of social media and the Internet, people can post whatever and under whichever name they want to. Does it mean we all have a hidden agenda? Some may….others post because they are passionate and like to put across their views.

I think you need to grow a thicker skin if politics is your game.

[/quote]

I am perfectly happy the way I engage thank you. I was quite happy to discuss issues with other people in a topic, but I am also prepared to challenge people when I feel they have an agenda. Don’t you find it the slightest bit strange when 2 brand new poster jump into a topic, take it off course and start to comments about other people who have no opportunity to respond. In my book that is the way of bullies and cowards.

I am surprised that you do not try to question this. Maybe you are not really “interested” after all.

I have a thick skin thank you. Otherwise I would be using a pseudonym.

Regards
    Mike

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130133]Thanks for clarifying for me….the FBU is supporting a candidate from a political party that pushed for the cut. I think that is really generous and should be applauded.

[/quote]

You obviously have no idea what happens in the fire authority. I suggest you refer to their minutes. They are all public.

Do not assume everything that is posted by others is correct. Do your own research. No political party pushed for any cuts. The authority is made up of members of all political parties as are most such bodies. Including: Labour, Plaid, conservative etc. There was a proposal which was discussed at the last meeting, that’s all.

A number of local people, including Councillor Marc Jones decided to make their feelings known as is the process of democracy.

I could go on to explain the actual issue, but it would take too much time and you can find out by doing your own research.

Regards
    Mike

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=130067]
    That is the only salient point you make in your post, the rest does not merit further elucidation on my part.

[/quote]

I see that The Works have got yet another thesaurus sale going on in town.

trigger
    Participant

I take it this is for all plaid party members? It may be a few years ago how can you convince me and the electorate this is not the case today??

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ams-expenses-questioned-after-leaked-2389676

Interested
    Participant

[quote quote=130143]

Thanks for clarifying for me….the FBU is supporting a candidate from a political party that pushed for the cut. I think that is really generous and should be applauded.

You obviously have no idea what happens in the fire authority. I suggest you refer to their minutes. They are all public.

Do not assume everything that is posted by others is correct. Do your own research. No political party pushed for any cuts. The authority is made up of members of all political parties as are most such bodies. Including: Labour, Plaid, conservative etc. There was a proposal which was discussed at the last meeting, that’s all.

A number of local people, including Councillor Marc Jones decided to make their feelings known as is the process of democracy.

I could go on to explain the actual issue, but it would take too much time and you can find out by doing your own research.

Regards
    Mike

[/quote]

At the end of the day Mike you have my respect for putting yourself out there to be shot down. I have no doubts though that you will be.

My understanding of what happened was that it was an Independent Councillor who put forward an amendment which from all accounts was seconded by a Labour Councillor. I also gather that the Fire Authority are led by an executive currently chaired by…a Plaid representative. Am I incorrect? Was it not the Executive who voted for the cut? If so then why would a Plaid representative vote for the cut if his party members were against it? This maybe where I misunderstand because unlike you I have not been in the political arena. Agree there are other representatives from other parties like Labour, Conservative etc but it was Plaid who want to take the credit. So if I’m wrong, I apologise. This is my limited knowledge of the matter.

Do I have a hidden agenda? No, but what I do have is an interest in the local scene. I have posted where my colours lie this election..Labour, a change from what I normally vote. Will I vote this way in the National, this time probably…next time who knows. I vote on what I see candidates doing in the Community, whether they engage with me on the door step and what their manifesto is.

Every candidate has my respect….for putting yourselves in the firing line.

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130158]

Thanks for clarifying for me….the FBU is supporting a candidate from a political party that pushed for the cut. I think that is really generous and should be applauded.

Regards
    Mike

At the end of the day Mike you have my respect for putting yourself out there to be shot down. I have no doubts though that you will be.

My understanding of what happened was that it was an Independent Councillor who put forward an amendment which from all accounts was seconded by a Labour Councillor. I also gather that the Fire Authority are led by an executive currently chaired by…a Plaid representative. Am I incorrect? Was it not the Executive who voted for the cut? If so then why would a Plaid representative vote for the cut if his party members were against it? This maybe where I misunderstand because unlike you I have not been in the political arena. Agree there are other representatives from other parties like Labour, Conservative etc but it was Plaid who want to take the credit. So if I’m wrong, I apologise. This is my limited knowledge of the matter.

Do I have a hidden agenda? No, but what I do have is an interest in the local scene. I have posted where my colours lie this election..Labour, a change from what I normally vote. Will I vote this way in the National, this time probably…next time who knows. I vote on what I see candidates doing in the Community, whether they engage with me on the door step and what their manifesto is.

Every candidate has my respect….for putting yourselves in the firing line.

[/quote]

You are partly correct. I will attempt to clarify the situation as briefly as possible.

The Fire Authority (F.A.) is composed of councillors of all political persuasions from all over North Wales. Each year a chair and vice chair is elected by the members, they do not “run” the F.A. they organise meetings etc. as would be the case in any similar body.

The plan to consider cutting one appliance from Wrexham was originally put before the F.A. for consideration last year. It was agreed to put the matter out to public consultation.

Earlier this year the F.A. Executive panel which is again comprised of a number of councillors from different parties, considered the plans and voted to put them before a full F.A. meeting.

At the meeting after some discussion, it was voted to put the plan on hold and look to alternative methods of funding.

That is a very short description to date of the situation. Everything is out in public if people want to get fuller details.

To conclude. The F.A. is not affiliated to any party. The choice of the chair is not really relevant. It just so happens that during this process the chair was a Plaid member.

One person who was very active in raising public awareness in Wrexham was Councillor Marc Jones, who just so happens to be a Plaid member also.

The FBU Welsh Region (not Wrexham FBU, or North Wales FBU) in recognition of Marc’s work during this recent activity and also his support over many years throughout Wales has decided to endorse his candidacy.

I believe what I have written whilst being fairly succinct is accurate. Everything is public knowledge and open to scrutiny. Fire Authority minutes are available.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

Regards
    Mike Davies

Interested
    Participant

Just looked up the previous election 2012 and noticed you stood for Plaid. Sorry Mike…understand your political leaning now. So you were Plaid but now…..Independent.

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130347]Just looked up the previous election 2012 and noticed you stood for Plaid. Sorry Mike…understand your political leaning now. So you were Plaid but now…..Independent.

[/quote]

Correct. I did stand for Plaid, I felt they were the only party who were actively supportive of the plight of Welsh public services in general and the fire service in particular. I still have some sympathies with their policies as I do for some Labour policies, but could not agree on all issues. I possibly could have stood on a party platform but I wouldn’t have been totally honest with myself.

I feel I can better serve my community be being an Independent with the freedom to consider all viewpoints.

Incidentally, I have friends who are councillors in a number of parties.

trigger
    Participant

Soon as the elections are over you won’t hear from Plaid they will be to busy changing the street signs from English to Welsh.

AMA Express
    Participant

Just like most politicians. They’re busy this week doorstepping and gladhanding. Then we’ll see ****all of them for the next 4 years.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News