Plaid Menefesto

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plaid Menefesto

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

Having read the Plaid manifesto I am asking them an open question about the 12,000 houses they state the current Council want to build ad their Plan.

1. When has Wrexham Council stated they wanted 12,000 houses — face the Wrexham Local Development Plan submitted to the Welsh Government for a figure less than 9,000 — Welsh Government would not accept this figure and the LDP was rejected.
    2. When was the Plan signed off — the original was rejected by WG and as yet I do not believe one has been signed off locally or by WG. Where I the evidence from Plaid get they have information stating that 12,000 houses have ben agreed by the Council?

All the Electorate of Wrexham deserve clarification

Sheefag
    Participant

I think the rest of us deserve this in English. And who’s Ben?

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=129648]Having read the Plaid manifesto I am asking them an open question about the 12,000 houses they state the current Council want to build ad their Plan.

1. When has Wrexham Council stated they wanted 12,000 houses — face the Wrexham Local Development Plan submitted to the Welsh Government for a figure less than 9,000 — Welsh Government would not accept this figure and the LDP was rejected.
    2. When was the Plan signed off — the original was rejected by WG and as yet I do not believe one has been signed off locally or by WG. Where I the evidence from Plaid get they have information stating that 12,000 houses have ben agreed by the Council?

[/quote]Good question Dylan
    The plan has not been signed of and should have been out for consultation earlier this year but ” the powers that be” in the council postponed it until after May. I am reminded that Plaid were part of the Aled Roberts -Ron Davies led coalition in 2008-2012, which submitted a faulty development plan that was rejected in early 2012 and seemingly want to do the same again. I am sure there is an Oscar Wilde or Bernard Shaw quote in there somewhere about doing the same thing again and expecting a different result.
    Unfortunately the legacy of that council not having a development plan, coupled with them allowing the Joint Housing Land Availability ( JHLAS ) to diminish from 12 years to about 3.5 years has tied the hand of the outgoing council in fighting developers who suggest housing on edge of settlement.
    The truth is that the likely number of houses needed 2016-2028 is likely to be about 2/3 of the figure they are peddling ,take away those in the pipeline and windfall sites and it is less than that.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Plaid why have you not responded to the inaccurate information on your manifesto..

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=129681]

Having read the Plaid manifesto I am asking them an open question about the 12,000 houses they state the current Council want to build ad their Plan.

Good question Dylan
    The plan has not been signed of and should have been out for consultation earlier this year but ” the powers that be” in the council postponed it until after May. I am reminded that Plaid were part of the Aled Roberts -Ron Davies led coalition in 2008-2012, which submitted a faulty development plan that was rejected in early 2012 and seemingly want to do the same again. I am sure there is an Oscar Wilde or Bernard Shaw quote in there somewhere about doing the same thing again and expecting a different result.
    Unfortunately the legacy of that council not having a development plan, coupled with them allowing the Joint Housing Land Availability ( JHLAS ) to diminish from 12 years to about 3.5 years has tied the hand of the outgoing council in fighting developers who suggest housing on edge of settlement.
    The truth is that the likely number of houses needed 2016-2028 is likely to be about 2/3 of the figure they are peddling ,take away those in the pipeline and windfall sites and it is less than that.

[/quote]update – it was actually Albert Einstein who said ” to do the same thing again and expect different results is the definition of – insanity.”

99DylanJones
    Participant

The speed of Plaid to respond to my opening thread does not bode well if they gain seats but cant at this stage make a response to a point raised about their own manifesto. It’s easy to critise others for their comments.
    Perhaps some of the Plaid supporters who read Wrexham.com could prompt their Leadership to respond to the level of inaccuracy.
    Where are the facts and evidence that what is included is correct?

99DylanJones
    Participant

I have sent an email direct to Plaid to see if it prompts a response–

Could someone please confirm that the Plaid emblem is supposed to be a daffodil – the reason I ask is that on their Wrexham site they refer to their emblem as a poppy — “Click on the poppy to join online / Cliciwch ar y papi er mwyn ymuno”
    http://wrecsamplaid.blogspot.co.uk/

I’m no gardener but I have never seen a yellow poppy!!

Interested
    Participant

Plaid…sorry but I can’t see you getting a response from them anytime soon Dyfan.

Interested
    Participant

So the Fire authority are backing Marc Jones because of his help in protesting?? Forget the fact that the reason the cut was on the table was because the Chair of the authority…a Plaid member pushed for the cut?? You couldn’t make it up. Do they think we believe everything they write.

miserableoldbugger
    Participant

[quote]I’m no gardener but I have never seen a yellow poppy!!

[/quote]

Sure there is – Meconopsis Cambrica.
    It is a bit early yet but come mid-May they will be in full bloom.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News