Paper Prescriptions

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Paper Prescriptions

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Why do we still have paper prescriptions? England are way ahead when using ePrescribing.
    Back in 2021 NHS Wales looked at the idea and decided on a trial in Swansea.

“The review determined the key recommendation to be progressing delivery across four “domains” of ePrescribing in parallel. This is expected to be delivered within three to five years. The four domains identified in the review are: primary care, secondary care, patient access, and a medicines data repository. This programme will transform prescribing in Wales, supported by a digital platform.”

But even if they decide its a good idea it will be at least 2026 before implementation.Embracing technology would save both time and money.

Transportuser
    Participant

I’ve not had a paper prescription in years.
    I order meds on line and get a text when they’re at the pharmacist!

JaneJ
    Participant

Boots sort mine out so I don’t ring the Dr for repeats – not sure if they get a paper prescription or just electronic.

parkingmad
    Participant

Had the same problem during Covid. NHS app wasn’t available in Wales, when I enquired I was told it would beavailable in a couple months, 2 years and still waiting.

wrexview
    Participant

Even if you order repeat prescriptions online , the surgery still prints a prescription and gets a Doctor to check and sign it before it is sent to a pharmacy. Some surgeries send all their prescriptions to one pharmacy and only then are they sorted and delivered to individual pharmacies by van!

Transportuser
    Participant

Perhaps it would be better if the GPs worked for the NHS?
    Perhaps we’d get some consistency between practices!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News