NHS

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Facists have always found that the best method to get their evil way is to get the people to fight among themselves.

WreX-iT
    Participant

billycoen how dare you speak up against the duplicitous NeverhardTimeRegency. A boy so short shortsighted that he wears his glasses on his ass!

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose

DerekJackson
    Participant

Has everyone forgot what this thread was set up for — go and get all your personal backbiting done somewhere else– we have a crisis on our hands which is what the heading is NHS- lots of you need to get a life (if things persist it is going to be very short).

Councillor X
    Participant

Derek, the hijacked thread was an Atherton/ Tory bashing exercise by (N)everhard and not about the work of the NHS so let the kids fight amongst themselves.

I was going to say to use the Covid 19 Spike in the Maelor thread instead but the kids have been scrapping there too.

its like that fight with the posh people in the bridget jones big knickers film.

Anonymous
    Inactive

CX, your pompous attempt to take the morale high ground shows you to be no better, if not worse, than those you criticise.
    A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.

DerekJackson
    Participant

In today’s Ministerial briefing Rob from Wrexham.com asked specifically about staff moving from ward to ward — this question was clearly known by the Minister in advance yet she could only respond with a “I think!” about internal risk of cross infection.

So I think those measures are in place, and certainly as I say there has been an increase in testing in the Wrexham area.”

She also referenced the community testing as if it was still in place when it ceased on Saturday.

It is time to get real clarity particularly when the questions are provided in advance — perhaps Rob could let us know how long in advance are the questions submitted?

Councillor X
    Participant

(N)everhard could you get back on your Sega mega drive and play space invaders and let the adults talk.

Derek I love the expression “I think” when they clearly don’t think. Having to react to questions they don’t like is why the Tories refused to go on Good Morning Britain and answer to Piers Morgan. BBC is too soft. Lets make Piers a Knight.

Anonymous
    Inactive

CX, Thank you for giving credence to my previous comment relating to your pomposity.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote]In today’s Ministerial briefing Rob from Wrexham.com asked specifically about staff moving from ward to ward — this question was clearly known by the Minister in advance yet she could only respond with a “I think!” about internal risk of cross infection.

So I think those measures are in place, and certainly as I say there has been an increase in testing in the Wrexham area.”

She also referenced the community testing as if it was still in place when it ceased on Saturday.

[b]It is time to get real clarity particularly when the questions are provided in advance — perhaps Rob could let us know how long in advance are the questions submitted?[/b][/quote]

The process is quite straightforward, the afternoon before the brief we find out who the Minister will be, and we ask to take part. We join the zoom about 12:15, Minister walks out and takes questions. There is no advance sight of any questions, nor is it requested.

From our end the questions are put together after 2-3 of us having a chat or knocking them about as things spring up, and usually the night before we make a short list, however that can change if something comes out in the morning – or even during the briefing. The reason for having a big list of questions is there can be several others ahead of us in the queue, and often questions get asked by others. It is a valuable opportunity so we don’t want to be sat there reasking stuff that has already been answered. It is more work but hopefully worth it.

We also try and make the questions fit the Minister a little, so today was not the Health Minister but we had a health questions. Our thinking was today’s Minister would be in Cabinet, probably get the internal circulars or info however it works, and also has a voice – that is why we asked for her personal opinion on the matters raised.

It does appear there are prepared answers replying to a topic not a question at times, but out of the near 100 briefings in the pandemic we have participated in there has certainly been more info now public than without them.

The other good bit is now the precedent is there hopefully a range of media can remotely take part in such non-pandemic briefs in the future.

(on a wider point, can everyone play nicer on these threads?! :) )

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fair request Rob, let us hope people take note.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘NHS’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News