New Wrexham.com Site

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Wrexham.com Site

• Author

R T
    Keymaster

Hi,

The new version of the site has gone live this evening – including a new version of the forum software.

There is still a fair bit to come live over time, so expect more functionality and tweaks – plus the expected squashing of bugs!

The new site is aimed at mobile as well as desktop users, and will allow us to do more and hopefully quicker!

For those forum users who cant login for whatever reason – try a password reset via https://www.wrexham.com/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword and then try again. If that does not work, pop an email to news@ wrexham .com and I will try and sort it for you!

Hopefully given time this will bed in and become as loved as the last version, which as someone who has been on the new one for a while did look and feel quite bad once you get used to this :)

Cheers
    Rob

dagg
    Participant

At the moment I don’t like it.

AKS
    Participant

Don’t like it. We don’t like change.

Chris
    Participant

Rob is there an option for emoctions or pic etc

Null
    Participant

Dreadful – the forums look like a bulletin board from the early 90s

Born Acorn
    Participant

The site redesign is cool but this forum is pretty barebones. Can’t even format or hyperlink text unless there’s a full reply page I’m missing.

Sheefag
    Participant

Crisp, clear and still totally free of charge. I can see a fair amount of effort has gone in behind the scenes. Great job Rob, well done and much appreciated.

pete
    Participant

Looks much worse on my Android tablet (sorry!)

I’d upload a screenshot but can’t see how to do it. There’s 1 news story per ‘line’ and each one almost fills the screen.

It’s not too bad on my mobile phone, but I still preferred the old site – just zoom in on the bit you want to see rather than having to scroll down for ages.

Also I can’t see the twitter feed anywhere.

R T
    Keymaster

Appears some of the new forum bits have not activated – working on that now :yahoo:

Danielkg
    Participant

Not too keen on it. Maybe a grower. Liked seeing lots of info at a glance on the homepage and now need to scroll

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News