New Testing Site in Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Testing Site in Wrexham

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

The recently released news of a new Testing Centre for Wrexham has to be good news for people who need a test instead of the ridiculous situation of being sent to areas like Bolton, Aberystwyth and Telford. Hope full now it is on our doorstep (for many Wrexham residents) that people won’t delay in getting a test if they have symptoms.

The best news would be however that the R rate has dropped so much we don’t need the facility. Let us hope this will help to reduce the spread and number of cases ending up in hospital that will be bursting at the seams.

BenjaminM
    Participant

I predict that the take up will be massive, not because individuals are displaying symptoms, but simply because it’s there.
    One only has to look back a few weeks to when the facility was located in Hightown and Caia Park to see that.
    I do hope though that people will act sensibly and leave it to those that actually need it.

Matt
    Participant

Surely the incentive of not going for the sake of it if you don’t have any symptoms or haven’t been told you have come into contact with anyone on the test and trace is to avoid a potentially massive hotbed of Covid and stay well and healthy and not risk infecting anyone vulnerable in your family.

However, lemming mentality may prevail. Perhaps they shouldn’t have broadcast where it was and not allowed a 2 day free-for-all. That way people in actual need of a test locally would see increased availability and not have to travel, without all the fuss.

zinger
    Participant

I wouldn’t want to be going over the weekend.

newwales
    Participant

This is good news, I could never understand why the largest Town in north wales & with the biggest industrial estate in the UK did not have its own testing facility.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News