New Shops Opening on the Fringe of Town.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Shops Opening on the Fringe of Town.

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Good to see a number of new shops opening up in the town , although they are on the fringe of town rather than in the centre. Euro Car Parts have their signage up on the old MFI shop off Mount Street, the shop next to Majestic Wine is an electronics shop ,a newly completed shop selling beds has opened Chester Street and a Gym is in the old PC World shop on the Central Retail Park. Most of these shops have a common denominator , free car parking. TKMaxx is also relocating to Plas Coch again giving them free parking. If the Council are serious about regenerating trade in the centre of town they need come up with some novel ideas regarding parking , balancing their need for income against creating extra trade. How much income do they make on Sundays ? How much do they make after 5pm? Could they not price their car parks to encourage people to stay more than 2 hours. Iceland on Island Green reimburse shoppers who spend £15 in their shop the parking fee, this is made easy as the parking tickets on Island Green come in two parts.

BenjaminM
    Participant

“Parking tickets on Island Green come in two parts”
    Since when? I’ve got a car full that says differently!

harry
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry about getting a ticket on island green, I’m sure many have noticed that the guy that’s supposed to check cars spends the whole time on his phone or talking to people he knows. This is fine by me, please keep it up Mr car park guy! :)

Bish
    Participant

[quote quote=97920]the shop next to Majestic Wine is an electronics shop ,and a Gym is in the old PC World shop on the Central Retail Park.[/quote]
    The store next to Majestic sell kitchens (bkoncepts) and the PC World store is still empty, PureGym have moved into the old Dreams store.

Taffy
    Participant

[quote quote=97920]Good to see a number of new shops opening up in the town , although they are on the fringe of town rather than in the centre. Euro Car Parts have their signage up on the old MFI shop off Mount Street

[/quote]
    Euro Car Parts are relocating from across the road.

cmaj76
    Participant

[quote quote=97933]

Good to see a number of new shops opening up in the town , although they are on the fringe of town rather than in the centre. Euro Car Parts have their signage up on the old MFI shop off Mount Street

Euro Car Parts are relocating from across the road.

[/quote]

It was Unipart who used to be across the road. They went bust last year.

Bish
    Participant

[quote] It was Unipart who used to be across the road. They went bust last year. [/quote]
    Taffy is correct, Euro moved in that unit for a while until they moved across the road.

Daave63
    Participant

Forgodsake children, does it matter who was once here or there, the town is still crap!

Yesterday, I took a trip to a nice small market town which still retains a good sense of its position in the retail sector – Whitchurch. Lots of nice interesting shops and a pleasant atmosphere in the shopping areas. Attentive and polite staff too, it reminded me of somewhere I used to know about 30 years ago before it was gutted and shafted by greedy developers – oh yes, I think it was called WREXHAM!

cmaj76
    Participant

Well move to Whitchurch then :)

Bish
    Participant

[quote quote=97960]Forgodsake children, does it matter who was once here or there, the town is still crap![/quote]
    Obviously matters enough for you to post.

[quote]Yesterday, I took a trip to a nice small market town which still retains a good sense of its position in the retail sector – Whitchurch. Lots of nice interesting shops and a pleasant atmosphere in the shopping areas. Attentive and polite staff too, it reminded me of somewhere I used to know about 30 years ago before it was gutted and shafted by greedy developers – oh yes, I think it was called WREXHAM![/quote]
    As cmaj76 said if you prefer Whitchurch so much move over the border to it, then you can post your condescending posts on Whitchurch.com instead. All this “Wrexham was better years ago” is crap as well, the problems Wrexham have are the same for most towns our size.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News