New houses in rhostyllen

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New houses in rhostyllen

• Author

thetown
    Participant

Walk my dogs most days in rhostyllen, i see there is houses to be built on the old foundry,the jcb driver there has been at it for 9 weeks removing concrete,he could be there for another 9 i think.

99DylanJones
    Participant

It would be interesting to know if any local people would want to buy a property on a site that used so many chemicals in the past. Lots of stories around the village when the factory was operating. Definatley not somewhere I would want to live.

thetown
    Participant

From what i gather from the locals in the pub, 14 houses are to be built and most would love to live there,i do believe clarkes used chemicals on the land next to the park but tests say its safe.

99DylanJones
    Participant

I presume this development is now being carried out under a 2012 Planning application http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/MinutesData/Planning/Reports/HCWD0112.DOC
    I wonder if they are still going to make oen space n the site and a Section 106 contribution- the lack of school spaces is still an issue in the local school- I wonder what the local Councilors views are to ensure the community benefit.
    As this was a factory that heavily used chemicals and electoplating I hope the JCB driver is not spreading to much dust..

BenjaminM
    Participant

@99DylanJones 14300 wrote:

I presume this development is now being carried out under a 2012 Planning application http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/MinutesData/Planning/Reports/HCWD0112.DOC
    I wonder if they are still going to make oen space n the site and a Section 106 contribution- the lack of school spaces is still an issue in the local school- I wonder what the local Councilors views are to ensure the community benefit.
    As this was a factory that heavily used chemicals and electoplating I hope the JCB driver is not spreading to much dust..

OK, so you have read the Planning Application and selected points already covered in the report. Other than to increase the number of your posts, please, pray tell, what is the purpose of your missive?

Mike Davies
    Participant

@BenjaminM 14301 wrote:

OK, so you have read the Planning Application and selected points already covered in the report. Other than to increase the number of your posts, please, pray tell, what is the purpose of your missive?

Pot, kettle etc.

thetown
    Participant

Those houses now look that good iam going to buy one,had a word with the jcb driver and he was only sick around ten times

Sheefag
    Participant

If Rhostyllen makes him sick, he’ll find the Rhos is fatal.

dagg
    Participant

Didn’t that site used to be a scrap yard, the only Clarkes i know used to be part of Bersham Engineering, and Esless park is built on that site.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Clarks was definitely on this site and was an electroplating business that used a number of dangerous chemicals in the process. It was located at the back of the pensioners bungalows in Station Road. Esless park was actually built on green belt land with the exception of the end closest to Station Road which used to be a football pitch.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News