New crossing by Rhosddu Spar

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New crossing by Rhosddu Spar

• Author

Chris
    Participant

Is it just me or are there major safety issues with this crossing.

The there is a parking zone within a couple of meters of the actual crossing. we all know it is dangerous to park on the zig zags by a crossing as it restricts pedestrian views of oncoming traffic so how a crossing has been approved with this basic safety issue.

In addition on the other side of the road in the middle of the Zig Zags there is a junction. I’m amazed this has gone through it fair to say with Wrexham highways I’m not surprised.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQsFhRECAAAYi9s.jpg:large[/IMG]

Andy
    Participant

I sent an email to the local councilor expressing my concerns about this crossing.

He didn’t reply.

Metalhead
    Participant

@Chris 8233 wrote:

I’m amazed this has gone through it fair to say with Wrexham highways I’m not surprised.

A senior Wrexham planning officer actually cited this as an example when attempting to quell safety concerns raised about the proposed retail development on Marford Hill.

Rob
    Participant

Just sorted the inital post to show the picture.

Are those even legal?

Chris
    Participant

Thanks Rob. Where did i go wrong with pic.

Rob
    Participant

@Chris 8255 wrote:

Thanks Rob. Where did i go wrong with pic.

Its twitter not you – they have ‘media pages’ which show the images, then the image files themselves are not pure .jpg but .jpg-large , so its a case of a direct link to the image file.

Going entirely offtopic its worth saving pictures as well as tweeting them as they do sometimes delete older pictures. This is unlike facebook and youtube who store everything anyone ever does forever!

Chris
    Participant

Thanks Rob

Metalhead
    Participant

@Rob 8254 wrote:

…Are those even legal?

…and can anyone think of another crossing with this set up? Also believe it can be a nightmare when they have delivery trucks going in there.

No way should this have been passed in my view, it’s stupidly dangerous.

lazyjack
    Participant

@Metalhead 8260 wrote:

it’s stupidly dangerous.

Sounds just like Wrexham Council.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Could swear I replied to a topic like this, but according to the Government:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/4462/traffic-signs-manual-chapter-05.pdf

15.25 No other marking may be
    used within the controlled area, except hatched and
    chevron markings in the circumstances described in
    para 15.26″

This crossing clearly goes against government guidelines and the highways department should not have allowed it in its current form.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News