New Businesses Opened

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum New Businesses Opened

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Another new business opened in Henblas Street by the entrance to the Butchers Market, Lin Lin an oriental food shop. Good to see someone filling a gap in the Wrexham retail market.

MadMan
    Participant

You aren’t the only one like i said before we do lack quality eateries in the town and most would agree the Chinese buffet will unlikely be good quality, but the main streets in town do not have the right conditions for independent stores to perform well as the rent is too expensive and streets are run down. I would love if they took inspiration from places like Winter Park in Florida for design and types of establishments, but obviously we need it to be still affordable and still have the character of a Welsh town. At the moment people are grateful for the businesses that open in our town even though at the back if their mind thinking it isn’t ideal.

Adam
    Participant

@justjojo2011 1492 wrote:

More restaurants/cafe’s/eating places and bookies are NOT what Wrexham needs. Or am I the only one who sees that?

Last time I went to sleepy panda I waited over 30 minutes for my food and when it did arrive, it was cold.

At the risk of repeating myself an others on this thread, it’s the lack of quality (that includes food as well as service) places to eat that is a problem, as highlighted in your final sentence.

Adam
    Participant

So anybody have an update on the propsed off-license/Polish Deli on Chester St?? Looks to me as if they have started putting singage up on the windows.

Please tell me the council haven’t let this proceed..? After all the concerns raised by the local shops and even the police?

wrexview
    Participant

Unusual for a new business wanting to locate so close to another serving the same clientele , especially in light of how many other empty properties there are in the town.

justjojo2011
    Participant

@Adam 1499 wrote:

At the risk of repeating myself an others on this thread, it’s the lack of quality (that includes food as well as service) places to eat that is a problem, as highlighted in your final sentence.

So the ones that are no good, why are they still open? Bearing in mind that Wrexham is a drinking town these days, where are the drunks going to head to on their way home? I know when I want to go out for a meal (if Im not going to Frankie & Bennys lol) I won’t go to anywhere that is in town because of the riff raff hanging around. But if the quality is so bad, why are they still there? And it’s the same things being brought in. Whilst the noodle bar may be new compared to everything else, is it likely to last in a town that lives on curry and kebabs? I’m just trying to think of anywhere in town that I have had a decent meal and decent service and frankly, I’m coming up short.

One thing is for sure, I think some of these kebab shops in town need to go before they kill someone with their rank food.

Adam
    Participant

They exist I’m afraid because there are sufficient number of people in the town that find them perfectly adequate, and that’s fine. Everybody should be catered for; that’s the point. You may not particularly excited about food yourself but please understand there are many of us who are but feel frustrated that we have to go elsewhere. There are a wide range of incomes and social demographics in and around the town yet the limited range of shops and restaurants would suggest otherwise..

I completely agree with you about being put off by going in to town in the evenings due to the “riff raff”. Despite its many failings, at least Eagles Meadow has provided somewhere relatively civilised for couples/families to head for in the evenings.

WXMRich
    Participant

@justjojo2011 1503 wrote:

I’m just trying to think of anywhere in town that I have had a decent meal and decent service and frankly, I’m coming up short.

Lemon Tree? Pirellis? Anise?

It’s not too bad for a small town.

I’m not sure if you realise how much of a risk it is to open a restaurant in Wrexham. There simply isn’t the demand for loads of good restaurants.

lazyjack
    Participant

As for Indian restaurants I don’t think you can beat Jira on Church St.

I eat there on a fairly regular basis in a group of 8-12 friends and we have never had to send a meal back. We must have had over 100 meals between us in the last 12 months or so.

You can also use the Wrexham Savers card there for takeaway collections.

justjojo2011
    Participant

@WXMRich 1519 wrote:

Lemon Tree? Pirellis? Anise?

It’s not too bad for a small town.

I’m not sure if you realise how much of a risk it is to open a restaurant in Wrexham. There simply isn’t the demand for loads of good restaurants.

Lemon tree, over priced, pirellis, who? anise, indian (cant eat spicy food). So for someone me like there’s McDonalds and the worst place in the world for anything because of the muppets outside smoking themselves senseless (Weatherspoons). No wonder I stay in lol

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News