Moneypenny Foundation Looks For 10 Young Women to Join ‘Life Changing’ Course

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Moneypenny Foundation Looks For 10 Young Women to Join ‘Life Changing’ Course

• Author

Matt
    Participant

I think regardless of whether or not the scheme in question is sexist. What does my head in, is the fact that a company who employ people to further their ends and increase their profits is acting all virtuous and charitable just because it’s ’employed’ 10 people, but also needed Lottery funding to help them do it in the first place.

I’ll be impressed when the senior management from the local MoneyPenny actually do something that doesn’t further their own ends to tick the boxes to get a few inches of publicity. How about they spend a day going round picking up dirty needles from problem areas in Wrexham (with the right equipment and training of course) or give up a day to help out with social care in the community. No, that would involve lifting too many fingers.

I’m all for new businesses coming and setting up in Wrexham, but stop acting like you’re the Messiah, you’re a company, you pay people to do work and in return you make money. You don’t need to blow a massive fanfare of trumpets and hold a 21 gun salute every time you do something for the unemployed. Normal businesses hire people out of work all the time as standard practice.

Yes, I appreciate this thread is old, but the bandwagon was too tempting to get on.

Sheefag
    Participant

It’s no more than tax efficient virtue signalling.

Jamsindahouse
    Participant

[quote quote=126871]I think regardless of whether or not the scheme in question is sexist. What does my head in, is the fact that a company who employ people to further their ends and increase their profits is acting all virtuous and charitable just because it’s ’employed’ 10 people, but also needed Lottery funding to help them do it in the first place. [/quote]

Did you actually read what the project is about? They are not just standard unemployed people, it also covers referrals from the youth justice sector and people leaving care or in hostels. This is positive initiative to help people who may not have the best lives or the type of skills/qualifications the employer would look for.

Hence lottery funding is also needed to help with training and any other additional needs the individuals may require – have a read @ https://www.moneypenny.com/uk/moneypenny-foundation/

[quote]I’ll be impressed when the senior management from the local MoneyPenny actually do something that doesn’t further their own ends to tick the boxes to get a few inches of publicity. How about they spend a day going round picking up dirty needles from problem areas in Wrexham (with the right equipment and training of course) or give up a day to help out with social care in the community. No, that would involve lifting too many fingers.[/quote]

Is this something you or the company you work for currently do?

This project is not only helping the people directly involved but also any family members they may have. Helping individuals who may be struggling in life will have a direct result on the community, in which the problems you mention exist.

No it wont solve all the problems over-night but at least this company is doing something, if they were only interested in their own ends why would they even bother with the project at all? They don’t really need any more publicity after building a HQ that rivals the likes of Google.

The comments related to equality or sexism are ridiculous.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=128779]……after building a HQ that rivals the likes of Google.[/quote]

Jamsindahouse
    Participant

Bro

99DylanJones
    Participant

The principle of the Foundation are very worthy – what is not clear is exactly how much funding Moneypenny actually put in to the Foundation as they have had Lottery and Welsh Government contracts. They are also overdue filing their accounts with the Charity Commission which would have given this information.

Sheefag
    Participant

I disagree Dylan, the principles of the foundation are not very worthy at all, in that they only help women.
    Equal opportunities or nothing at all I say, positive discrimination is still just discrimination.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=128792]

……after building a HQ that rivals the likes of Google.

[/quote]

Oh yes, the 91,000 sq ft Moneypenny offices complete with tree-house for urban hippies and work experience school-kids is a real rival for the 3.1m sq ft Googleplex complex. Does Paul Nuttall do the PR for Moneypenny now?

Jamsindahouse
    Participant

[quote quote=128990]
    Oh yes, the 91,000 sq ft Moneypenny offices complete with tree-house for urban hippies and work experience school-kids is a real rival for the 3.1m sq ft Googleplex complex. Does Paul Nuttall do the PR for Moneypenny now?
    [/quote]

Well at a time when shops within the local town are closing or are already boarded up, it shows a lot of commitment for a company to set up a brand new, custom-built HQ of any size.

After you Googled the measurements of each building did you then go and read about the initiative, as you don’t seem to have responded about that?

Sheefag
    Participant

Moneypenny Foundation was set up in 2014 as the charitable arm of Moneypenny, to bring new opportunities in life and work to unemployed young women

Which initiative Jamsindahouse?
    The initiative that only helps women?
    The initiative funded mainly with government and lottery money?
    The one that Moneypenny use to promote their brand whilst simultaneously claiming 100% tax relief on their contribution?
    That one?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News