Local Politicians views

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Local Politicians views

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

It’s not surprising that our two local MPs have no comment on the Sue Gray, they along with other backbenchers are first and foremost looking forward to what new roles may be offered by Boris for those that remain loyal to the ‘PM and Downing Street’ or if Boris goes keeping powder dry with a new Leader.

I wonder how the silent MPs would be reacting if it was Parliamentary elections this May and not the Council. If this was the case, then they would be more likely to listen more to their own electorate as personal interest to retain their position would be above national politics.

Perhaps a number of MPs (all Political parties- sorry about the pun!) may well be reflecting on whether they had attended or even organised any ‘parties’/ ‘working events’ in their own constituencies. Can the public really believe that such events only took place in London.

WreX-iT
    Participant

A headline of Local MPs say they have “heard loud and clear what some of our constituents are saying” and a first line of “Wrexham and Clwyd South Members of Parliament have said it is “not appropriate to make judgements right now” after Wrexham.com asked their views on the recent update report from Sue Gray.”

“We welcome the Prime Minister’s apology in the House of Commons” but the pair stopped short of asking for a brush and a rug.

Buts its like a what i said to Sarah and Simon when we had cheese and wine at a lockdown party, ‘its not about the Pope taking a poop in the forest because if nobody smells it it never happened.’

Good job S &S have faith that their boss’ commitment to restructure Downing Street with the creation of a new Office of the Prime Minister, will address many of the recommendations made by Sue Grey-area.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

The operative word here is “ heard “ ( what you say ) and does not mention or imply action . As a retired nurse I know if your hear what your sick patient says but take no action on what you have heard the situation is unlikely to change ,and will probably get worse.
    Unless we are convinced that the sick person is going to heal themselves. However all our PM seems to have operated on is his spleen , by repeated smears by right wing trolls . Incidentally it seems that splenetic outburst is one aspect of the sick person’s staff leaving.

JaneJ
    Participant

MPs are supposed to represent their constituency — how can they do that without reaching out to local residents to find out their views on what is happening with Borris. They should be asking not only Conservative supporters but the broader public.

Start asking or are they afraid of the negative responses on the doorstep and the threat of not getting a promotion from Borris as others around them are publicly withdrawing their support for Borris

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

I hope all the councillors get solidly behind the motion asking that they do all they can to support the people of Ukraine.

I notice that within the motion is praise for the brave people of Russia who have expressed their dissent to what their leaders are doing. Again any caring person would echo that sentiment.

However I wrote over a week ago to my MP to voice agreement on the non partisan approach by our political parties to the situation. I did ask whether she agreed with me that the right to protest to show dissent from what your government is doing is a fundamental right we should all cherish. So far silence on the matter. What conclusions can I draw?

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

And for our next trick – Fracking site back near Holt/ Marford anyone ? Community Councillor Atherton supported climate action just over 2 years ago – S Atherton MP now dismisses our (grand)children’s future along with wokeness !

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

I see the motion was hijacked by a few playing party politics! Watched the meeting and thought it brought shame on something that should have united us all. Guess the elections are at the forefront of minds for some and yet these are people that claim to care for us, only care about winning a popular vote!
    Well done Labour and co for bringing this to the table.

jimbow
    Participant

Plaid Cymru are always playing party politics in Wrexham. They seem never to have a solution, but only wish to stir up the pot. God help us if any more of them get voted in at the May elections.

Bigbrother
    Participant

Simon Baynes appears to have a penchant for re-tweeting Nadine Dorries, Liz Truss and Michael Fabricant.

That’s just 3 reasons he should be voted out next election. We won’t even mention his voting record.

JaneJ
    Participant

Looks like both our MPs were missing from today’s debate (along with many other Conservatives who clearly did not want to be seen as either a supporter or opponent of Boris). The public are entitled to know what our elected representatives think about the issue and how reflective these are of local constituents.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News