Llwyn Isaf – can the Council ban an event

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Llwyn Isaf – can the Council ban an event

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

It appears the Council are on very thin ice by banning the forthcoming Indy Wales event- Llwyn Isaf Green to give it the full title is a ‘Green’ which by definition is a place for communities to gather – custom and practice embed the space as being for the people of Wrexham as a meeting place for social and recreational use.
    Q) Did WCBC conduct the correct process in 2011 – as it appears that they approved a protocol but did not put it through the correct legal process to make it a Bye Law?
    Q) If the Council don’t allow political gathering or promotion on their land why then have they never stopped the popup electioneering stands that appear in Hope Street and Regent St?
    To the organisers of this event and to anyone thinking of holding a community event her is a link to lots of support https://www.oss.org.uk/frequently-asked-questions-open-spaces/

There does not appear to be any information in the minutes of the Council from 2011 showing that the protocol went through the legal process to go through due legal process to create Bye Laws for the site – the Council have not complied with Welsh Government legislation – https://www.legislation.gov.uk/anaw/2012/2/body/enacted

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Dafydd Iwan will be performing Yma O Hyd !

Ry’n ni yma o hyd!

See you all there!

Clebryn
    Participant

I hadn’t intended to go to be honest. I will now if only to put two fingers up to Pilchard and his Tory Council.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Looks like our Tory/Indy councillors are learning from their masters at Westminster.
    Love him or loathe him Steve Bray has been doggedly exercising his free speech at Westminster with a “ stop Brexit “ protest.
    Not with the new Policing bill our MPs supported as his equipment has been seized by the Police.
    At the start of the Ukraine invasion I asked my MP whether she , like me , praised Russian dissidents, prepared to speak out. Her reply was positive and supportive of free speech!
    Hollow words I am afraid!

JaneJ
    Participant

So our elected ruling politicians have now collectively united and are hanging their officers out to dry. This event has been publicly promoted for weeks so why then does an endorsement appear 3 days before the vent.

It is clear that the political Group Leaders have been having behind closed door discussions to work out how to save face. Blaming operational reasons for the original ‘ban’ is now saying Council Officers have given bad advice, yet all the officers were doing was enacting the Policy that politicians had agreed.

It will be interesting to see if anyone from the ‘operational’ side of the Council will ever break silence.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News