Litter on A483

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Litter on A483

• Author

grandad
    Participant

I find that the worst offenders are the skip lorries. Half their loads come off as they are driving along.
    Those blue lorries from Liverpool going to Johnstown quarry to dump their loads used to arrive half empty,it was scattered along the 483.
    I cannot recall any prosecutions for littering .

nevthebear
    Participant

The probation service enforce community service

AMA Express
    Participant

If a skip lorry, tipper or any other motor vehicle was stopped because part of it’s load had come off, the driver and operator could be prosecuted for “Driving with an unsecured load” and / or “Dangerous Driving”, not littering.

MP1953
    Participant

Back to the old chestnut, litter, dangerous driving, mobile phones the list is endless, who practically will enforce all this offending?
    I only went half a mile down the road this morning and saw someone chucking something out of a car and a young lady on a mobile..

grandad
    Participant

I think it should certainly be an offence to chuck a young lady with a mobile through a car window.
    What has the world come to.

MP1953
    Participant

@grandad 19398 wrote:

I think it should certainly be an offence to chuck a young lady with a mobile through a car window.
    What has the world come to.

But only me saw it, or is it seen.. ! :D:D:D

rockyrobins
    Participant

@grandad 19394 wrote:

I find that the worst offenders are the skip lorries. Half their loads come off as they are driving along.
    Those blue lorries from Liverpool going to Johnstown quarry to dump their loads used to arrive half empty,it was scattered along the 483.
    I cannot recall any prosecutions for littering .

I reported similar to the environment agency who spoke to the site operators who sent 2 employees down to the slip road to pick up all the rubbish that had blown off the skip wagons. It still happens on a regular basis though

asteve76
    Participant

Is it just me or is the mere thought of throwing an empty coke can or fast food container on the street a totally alien concept?
    These people must have been brought up wrong.

asteve76
    Participant

Anyone else seen all the crap in the verge between Mold Rd and Glyndwr University?

zinger
    Participant

In the UK it would be against their ‘Human Rights’. The person who dreamt them up should be wrapped up in the rules & regulations, tied top & bottom with a piece of string & left to escape.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News