Letters of no confidence in Boris Johnson

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Letters of no confidence in Boris Johnson

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

“It’s thought that the number of no confidence letters submitted may have already passed 30, however just 16 Tory MPs have penned theirs publicly.”

I haven’t seen the names of our great Tory MPs on either the confirmed list or list of MPs who have told Boris Johnson to quit and could have submitted letters.

Do you think that Sarah Athletic or Slime-on Baynes will pen a letter?

- STAY AT HOME -

JaneJ
    Participant

With an Election in two years many MPs won’t go it alone and will wait to see what view their local Constituency Party has for fear of not being selected next time round. The way they react will first and foremost be about what will give them the best chance of try to be an MP next time round.

yellowdot
    Participant

Three times I’ve emailed Simon Baynes and the only replies I get are automated replies. I’ve asked for explanations on why he keeps backing an amoral PM on various points over the last few months and answers came there none. That’s one vote lost at the next general election.

Bigbrother
    Participant

If you look at Simon Baynes’s twitter account “likes and retweets”, the clues are there.
    Would never get my vote.

BenjaminM
    Participant

However much I hope, I can’t see Johnson losing the vote of confidence in Parliament this evening.
    Tory MP’s especially, are in politics for whatever benefits they can accrue personally and not for the benefit of the country or those that elected them.
    The 2019 intake are likely to toe the party line and I cannot see how our illustrious duo will behave any differently.
    We, the electorate of Wrexham cocked up by voting the way the majority did – based on lies and untruths. Now we are all reaping the benefits.

parkingmad
    Participant

I think Boris will be ok, their is no one else suitable for the job. and no one putting there hand up saying I will do it.

JaneJ
    Participant

Simon Baynes should look at what South Clwyd voters thought about Borris in the past

General election 1997: Clwyd South[1][2]
    Party Candidate Votes % ±%
    Labour Martyn Jones 22,901 58.1 N/A
    Conservative Boris Johnson 9,091 23.1 N/A
    Liberal Democrats Andrew Chadwick 3,684 9.4 N/A
    Plaid Cymru Gareth Williams 2,500 6.3 N/A
    Referendum Alex Lewis 1,207 3.1 N/A

It might have been in 1997 and lots of changes have occurred since then but Simon Baynes should see this as a warning to the safety (or lack of) for him in next election. History has a habbit of repeatinmg itself..

TimRegency
    Participant

I used to live in the Clwyd South constituency and always got a nice, full and early reply from Susan Elan Jones whenever I wrote to her. If required, she would sometimes contact the relevant minister on my behalf.

You get what you vote for, I guess. As for Boris Johnson, I think Benjamin has covered it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Thousands attend “march for Welsh independence” in Wrexham town centre

News

Public urged to remain vigilant after increase in reports of cold calling and thefts from vehicles

News

Major new EV charging site open for business at the Rhug Estate in Corwen

News

“Swarm welcome” for new team of busy bees at Moneypenny

News

Have you done yours? 323,700 tax credits customers have one month left to renew

News

Clwyd South MS quizzed by Chirk school pupils

News