Labour candidate in Llay

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Labour candidate in Llay

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

If the are mother and daughter then their may be two who are the same as there is Beryl Blackmore and another Blackmore are they mother and daughter.

NJones
    Participant

Beryl Blackmore lives in Gresford and has been an active councillor type for many years for the likes of getting a bus stop shelter provided by her daughters house. Her other daughter Julie lives in Marford.

samDJ
    Participant

Why have my comments deleted when they are factually correct. I would have had more respect for Brian Apsley if he had replied to my comments with his reasons behind voting against so many of his own residents and not take the childish route and have the comments removed.

Fact; Brian Apsley was one of four community councillors who voted against 2,100 residents in July 2014.

Fact; He wanted residents banned from community council meetings. Have a look at the minutes from 2014.

I hope the moderators check if this information is correct before they delete it this time. In fact why not ask him, I would love to hear what his reply would be.

http://m.oldleaderlivestory.co.uk/mobile/mnews/137930/resignation-fall-out-delays-decision-on-llay-field-scheme.aspx

Matt
    Participant

Yes, I think it does look bad. As always political types throwing toys out of prams and being completely incapable of dealing with criticism from the voting public.

I’m actually quite surprised it was removed as this forum is usually very relaxed on moderation, which is why I like posting here.

Unless Mr Apsley has the cojones to actually respond to your comments directly on here then he is distinctly lacking in my books and not worthy of representing anyone.

AVoter
    Participant

I hate the way that people can come onto a forum, hide under a false name then name and shame someone without having the guts to say who they are themselves. If you want to bring some one down in a election then vote against them but don’t fling personal statements at them on here. If you want to stop them holding office you had the opportunity to stand against them in the election.

Before you ask, no I am not Mr Apsley.

AMA Express
    Participant

So, Avoter is your real name then ?

samDJ
    Participant

I hate the way that people can come onto a forum, hide under a false name then try and defend a Councillor who defies his own residents. Like it or not Councillors are accountable for their decisions & actions to the public. It’s called Openness & Accountability, why not look it up? You may learn a thing or two Brian.

AVoter
    Participant

I agree that Councillors are accountable to the public who voted them in but they are also allowed their own opinion. I really don’t know much about the situation that you are referring to but just because he did not have the same view as yourself does not mean he was wrong, like it or not.

Like your self we all come on here behind a false name but it’s not right to slag someone off and then take the cowards way out for yourself. As I said before (I’m assuming you live in Llay) you can always vote for some one other than Mr Apsley as that is your right and if there is someone better that would be the right thing to do.

Matt
    Participant

Makes me chuckle that even the original Leader article was written under the anonymity mask of Staff Reporter.

I think that people looking to represent others as an elected official should expect a higher level of scrutiny and debate thrown their way than Average Joe. This entire country is hardwired to give politicians and other public officials or party members a roasting. You only need to look at how the MSM down to people in the pub discussing politics after a few or in the workplace openly air their views. Discussing it online anonymously or publicly is just another modern day facet of it. Would you expect someone on a break in an office to be called out for being critical of the PM? Just because they haven’t then marched up to Downing Street & demanded an audience at number 10 to air the same views.

Name calling and trolling is one thing but there have been many classic examples recently of the current Exec board & even the local MPs having thinner skins than a Richmond sausage just because people have publicly disagreed with their actions.

If you don’t like the public eye then stay out of it as you can’t please all the people all of the time and in most cases in Wrexham any of the people any of the time.

I think that the Councillor Q&A and profile section on this site will be an interesting one once it’s up and running as it will offer a fair exchange between candidates and their prospective voters.

Sheefag
    Participant

Spot on Matt.

The only thing clouding the issue here however, is that half the posters on this thread are councillors who’ve very recently joined Wrexham.com, solely to rubbish the opposition. It’s deeply dishonest and it’s disrespectful to the electorate.

The way this shower of childish clowns pop up here every election time, just to verbally rubbish each other, serves no useful purpose for the electorate but gives a clear glimpse of the kind of tawdry, local individuals who crave for office.

The reason South Wales is more successful at gaining funding from the assembly, is because they raise a better political class down there. The electorate there have a better choice of politician and thus they elect a better class of politician.

The results are plain for all to see.

My message to these dickheads would be to drop the outdated adversarial approach that alienates ordinary people, tell us what you would do for the benefit of the community and quit criticising your opponents.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News