Labour candidate in Llay

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Labour candidate in Llay

• Author

samDJ
    Participant

Post removed due to a complaint.

Sheefag
    Participant

I’m the Troll round here son so bugger off.

samDJ
    Participant

Sorry Dad 🙊

HenryTulip
    Participant

Unfortunately Sam, Labour have a rotten track record with candidates for Llay. Take their last Llay councillor Terry Boland (who defected from Labour to become Independent). His attendance is dire and has been over several years.

http://moderngov.wrexham.gov.uk/mgAttendance.aspx?UID=42&DR=11%2f10%2f2016-05%2f04%2f2017&LLL=undefined

OK, he may be ill, but he has still been claiming his £13300 allowance every year, even though he only turns up to meetings once in a blue moon.

Look forward to the release of nominations shortly. Can`t see Terry Boland putting his name forward for re-election with that attendance. If he does, then it will be the biggest cheek of all time.

Matt
    Participant

Most amusing standing for Llay is the self proposed UKIP Candidate Nathan Hughes who has built up a bit of a cult status amongst some around Wrexham on Twitter and other social media.

He first surfaced a few years ago as an avid Young Conservative before strangely switching to Labour and then being thrown out of the party within about a week due to all the previous slagging off of local Labour representatives and then he switched back to the Tories as if nothing had happened. He then bizarrely changed his efforts to becoming the biggest Nelson Mandela fanboy on the planet promising a written Biography on the life and times of Madeba, which we are all still waiting to be published. He then decided he wanted to become a devout Christian minister and featured on his website his own religious poetry and prayers. Then controversy struck as he alienated his fellow countrymen by saying he was ashamed to live in Wales and wished that he was English and then had to close his Twitter account after making some very disrespectful remarks about Gary Speed.

Now he’s resurfaced as a local UKIP candidate and the saga continues, you couldn’t make this guy up. He is like Wrexham’s very own Mr Benn. I expect to see his Green Party manifesto by next week.

Interested
    Participant

I agree with Mr Terry Bolands attendance being scandalous. If your not well why stand again. Didn’t he become Independent because he was to be disciplined for his attendance level by Labour. Remember the story in the Leader and Wrexham.com. Looking at his attendance it went even worse after.

Other strange ones

Andrew Atkinson standing in Gresford but putting 2 candidates up in his own Ward of Llay from Penyffordd and Burton.

Nepotism in Gwersyllt with Arfon’s wife attempting to keep the seat warm.

Bill Baldwin hasn’t been challenged….obviously no other candidates in the area.

And…..looks like an Independent coup attempt in Overton against Lord Kenyon.

Interesting to see 38 candidates for Labour. I want them to gain enough this time to form the administration. Will be very tough election…..hope for a change from the Independents though. It hasn’t worked and Wrexham hasn’t ever looked as bad. Y’all may disagree and the initial poster obviously will. But it will be interesting that is for sure.

Interested
    Participant

It’s gonna be a hell of a bun fight in Llay though.

jimbow
    Participant

In it for the money springs to mind.

_WxM_
    Participant

I can confirm that Matt’s post about the life and times of Nathan Hughes is completely correct, and he’s only scratching the surface. He’s certainly the comedy candidate in this election.

I can’t wait to see his manifesto, it should make for interesting reading. His polices will probably include 8pm curfews, compulsory church attendance, and the peaceful annexation of Llay by England.

Matt
    Participant

The other head scratcher I’ve got is that the other 2 UKIP candidates standing for the local elections are supposed to be 2 different people, despite having the same address and very similar names.

Jeanette Stefani Bassford Barton – Moorlands, Hen Ffordd, Bwlchgwyn, Wrexham standing in Gresford East and West.

Then Jeannie Barton – Moorlands, Old Road (spelt English this time), Bwlchgwyn, Wrexham standing in Llangollen Rural.

A mother and daughter perhaps?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor