Island Green car park

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Island Green car park

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

Many thanks to council leader Mark Pritchard for the work he has done with the talks with owners of the Euro car parks. At last a good result for the town. Can we now assume then Mr Pritchard, to make things clear to everyone who shop in Island green, does this mean the first 20 minutes are free and you only pay after this 20 minute period.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=169875]Many thanks to council leader Mark Pritchard for the work he has done with the talks with owners of the Euro car parks. At last a good result for the town. Can we now assume then Mr Pritchard, to make things clear to everyone who shop in Island green, does this mean the first 20 minutes are free and you only pay after this 20 minute period.[/quote]

The most common sense interpretation of this rule would be to say that you have 20 minutes waiting/grace period between when you enter the Island Green car park in your vehicle and the ANPR cameras logs your registration number and when you exit the car park and the ANPR camera logs your registration number a second time to record the total time you spent in the car park.

Now if this time between entry and exit is under 20 minutes and you have not purchased a ticket to stay longer then you would not expect to receive a fine regardless of what you were doing in Island Green (subject I’m sure to their terms and conditions of any exclusions – e.g. commercial activities such as flogging t-shirts out of the back of your car). So that might be waiting for a Domino’s Pizza, Click and Collect from Argos, picking someone up from the Station or popping in to get a quick Costa.

In theory you’d probably also be able to wait 19 minutes before purchasing a ticket to stay longer and not expect to receive a fine. It would be reasonable to expect that you might change your plans last minute and not want to have to leave to go to another car park or exit and re-enter?

My guess is though as soon as you buy a ticket the time you need to leave will be the time (if you bought one straight away) specified on the ticket and 20 minutes doesn’t get added on.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Just what Wrexham needed eh? The town loses a massive event(ComicCon)event with parking issues being cited as a major issue, local businesses are struggling and shops are empty for months on end so what’s the solution?
    Get a company with a dodgy, draconian reputation who make the Gestapo look like the Boy Scouts in to run the towns biggest car park.

Pure genius!

wxmlad
    Participant

Looks to me like Wrexham is finished. Just look to Broughton & see the difference. People want to park outside a shop for free.
    Get rid of the pedestrianisation in Wrexham & open up the town again

Rondetto
    Participant

Interpretation of the “waiting time” I find a tad confusing. Does it mean the first 20 minutes are free and you don’t need a ticket.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=169897]Interpretation of the “waiting time” I find a tad confusing. Does it mean the first 20 minutes are free and you don’t need a ticket.[/quote]

Yes – staying in the car park for less than 20 minutes and no ticket is needed.

Then at minute 19 you either need to drive out of the car park or buy a ticket to stay longer.

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=169898]

Interpretation of the “waiting time” I find a tad confusing. Does it mean the first 20 minutes are free and you don’t need a ticket.

Yes – staying in the car park for less than 20 minutes and no ticket is needed.

Then at minute 19 you either need to drive out of the car park or buy a ticket to stay longer.[/quote]

Tad confusing. I would think up to 20 minutes is free for drop off/ pick up but once you get a ticket the clock is ticking and the 20 minute rule doesn’t count. If you get back late then you will get a ticket.
    I trust this company as much as I would trust Tubs to watch my Wethermeal while I go to the toilet.

BenjaminM
    Participant

An excellent result in theory. In practice, I’m not too sure. Perhaps someone is willing to test the new conditions and let us all know how they get on. I feel confident that we could organise a whip round when the £90 fine drops onto the doormat.

Also perhaps, WCBC,s traffic wardens could be instructed to be a little less fastidious in their ticketing regime, especially when machine are not working.

Or is it the case that what’s good for the goose is not always good for the gander?

Rondetto
    Participant

Thanks Matt, I think we need Mr Pritchard to confirm that it is free for the first 20 minutes before we put it to trial.

dagg
    Participant

Personally I would wait for the signs to go up, don’t give them any excuse to fine you.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News