Is anyone looking forward to snow?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Is anyone looking forward to snow?

• Author

Rob
    Participant

I am just reading the reports of snow hitting the north of the UK and really am not looking forward to the nightmare of driving about.

Anyone else not keen on it? :D

Liam
    Participant

I always enjoy the novelty for the first few hours before becoming thoroughly fed up with it. First time I’ll have to drive on it too when it comes.

Mike
    Participant

I read the Daily Mail on the way to Brentford and they said there was a cold snap coming this week, snow, ice, etc… then inside the frontpage the next 5 days weather looked mild!!

Too many conflicting reports so I’ll stand by the wrexham.com weather station #shameless plug :s

graham
    Participant

I do enjoy it to be honest. Also I do some lessons in it as it’s a good experience for new drivers to have.

Rob
    Participant

@graham 251 wrote:

I do enjoy it to be honest. Also I do some lessons in it as it’s a good experience for new drivers to have.

Fair point – not great for first timers I bet!!

Moz
    Participant

I love the snow. Can’t wait.

I also don’t see any problem driving on it, so long as you’re sensible it’s fine. To be honest I think if you can’t drive on snow you shouldn’t be on the road.

The number of idiots you see trying to start off in 1st gear when it’s snowed like they would normally and just wheel-spinning. Others slam on their brakes just before reaching a car in front like they’d normally do, finding it surprising that snow is slippy and they can’t stop. Duh!

(I’m a very tolerant person really!)

Bugsy
    Participant

No, not really. I do have a valid reason though and that is my missus is due mid January and I particularly don’t want to drive to A&E in the snow. So if it can hold of until February 2012 then I will be happy :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News