Green Field versus Brown Field Ruabon, Acrefair, Cefn, Trevor

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Green Field versus Brown Field Ruabon, Acrefair, Cefn, Trevor

• Author

The Monitor
    Participant

Why on earth is it so important to turn a ‘Green Field Site’ into a housing estate when there are huge ‘Brown Field Sites’ in the local area.

These Planning Applications should be thrown out.

If any of these applications is allowed before all brown site land is used up, then our Council Planning Department and Members of the Planning Committee thrown out of office, fired.. sacked.

:mad:

Born Acorn
    Participant

I don’t disagree, but those brownfield sites are private property that belong to people/companies who don’t want to build on them yet.

The council has been throwing out applications recently, pretty consistently. Whether their decisions will stand up at the appeal public inquiries in Cardiff is a different matter.

The Monitor
    Participant

Then an organised protest using the Welsh Governments own Planning law and guides must be organised. It’s a shame Wrexham does not have a Local Development Plan!

CerysHughes
    Participant

Brown fields will always be at the bottom of the pile to housebuilders because it costs more to decontaminate and make ready for building.

remploy of course has been built on, but the council forgot to organise a section 106 to fix the future gridlock under the rhosddu bridge.

zinger
    Participant

@CerysHughes 19891 wrote:

remploy of course has been built on, but the council forgot to organise a section 106 to fix the future gridlock under the rhosddu bridge.

They can’t say that they weren’t warned when they tried the failed one way system.

Ferret
    Participant

@zinger 19892 wrote:

They can’t say that they weren’t warned when they tried the failed one way system.

That was a solution looking for a problem. There’s no gridlock there now and a few houses won’t make any difference.

rockyrobins
    Participant

There is a brownfield site which is being prepped for a housing site in Acrefair, the old Air Products site.

The Monitor
    Participant

So……….. Council Planning Committee meet tomorrow … Monday 30th March.

If they let this abhorrent use of greenfield land through, then this will create a precedent, for any and everyone who has a spare piece of land available, to have a strong arguement to build on that land. I hope no one responds using past ‘designated land usage’ granted under a previous LDP, because Wrexham does not have a current LDP and all past LDPs are redundant as is any granting of designated rights under those LDPs if not taken up within the lifetime of that LDP.

I urge ALL representatives of their electorate to vote against this proposal.

I will also point out that if brownfield sites are considered to be ‘unprofitable’ because of the cost of reinstatement of safety and clean sites, then as an excuse for that to make an arguement for using greenfield sites it will lead to one thing. That is… the expansion of using greenfield farmland and an eating up of rural and ‘easy’ to develop sites, benefiting only the capitalist profiteers and not the electorate or the people of Ruabon or Wrexham.

Try it if you wish… but mark my words.

Councillors… start working for your electorate if you have the real knowledge of where this could lead, and vote NO!

Saxon1
    Participant

Monitor, this is exactly what is happening at Gresford Road, Llay. We are all fed up of the developer telling us how great it will be for Llay. All we see is that once this development gets passed then it’s only a matter of time that others will try their luck across the road and down the rest of the straight mile. We note that another land owner is selling land along the straight mile, I wonder why !!!

The LDP plan is being re-written and I can only worry that WBC will adapt it to now include building on green field sites and also start changing settlement boundaries to try and get planning granted for such sites, as at the moment they would technically have to vote against their own rules.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=79410]We are all fed up of the developer telling us how great it will be for Llay.  [/quote]

Why do you always state that you were somehow elected to speak for everyone?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News