Government resignations – Come on Wrexham Athletic

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Government resignations – Come on Wrexham Athletic

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

I have read in disbelief the Wrexham.com article from Sarah Atherton and the view from Westminster and local Politics—we hear about the Westminster Bubble which really must exist as Ms Atherton has made no reference to the current political turmoil in the Conservative party due to Bori’s resigning (sorry forced out). She is shortly to get a new boss to cosy up to which is why she probably won’t declare publicly who she supports in case they don’t get to the top resulting in her not being one of the supporters who will inevitably get one of the 180 roles that a Prime Minister can allocate from Cabinet down to the role roles on committees etc.

Yes, she has been a nurse but to write in the manner she does implying no one has been doing anything to sort out problems until she has intervened is disingenuous to all those hard-working staff at all levels of Betsi who are struggling as a result of long-term investment and crucially training to boost the number of staff. It is no good saying Westminster have allocated x£ to Welsh Government – this is a total waste if there is a shortage of people to deliver now or in the future after training. I wonder will she return to the nursing profession when she loses in the next election (or if Wrexham Conservative look closely may not even select her as their candidate).

As for the potential of a multimillion-pound project to create a Stadium for North Wales whilst a good idea in principle but ask all the other local business – large and small whether they would support the proposal or whether they could benefit their business now to help with current Conservative managed economic crisis.

As the Racecourse is now 100% private owned how are the Council and other concerned going to be able to invest in a project of this nature – these types of adventure should require private capital investment not public subsidy. Let’s hope Wrexham Council don’t decide to become some kind of partner as the ratepayers of Wrexham will be addled with debt for years to come.

Far too much behind closed door discussions – Nolan principle of Transparency – not much of this in Wrexham

jimbow
    Participant

I can understand your point that the Racecourse is 100% privately owned. I am quite sure that funding however will be coming from quite a few different sources. One must not forget the amount of revenue that is brought into the city from the 10,000 plus attendances boosting local eateries, hotels etc., There is also the publicity that comes with the success. The football club in the past and hopefully in the future have been Wrexham’s only publicity weapon. Ty Pawb cost £4.5 million and still loses, £245k and that’s the Jewel in the Crown.

JaneJ
    Participant

Whilst the attendance figures are increasing how many actually go straight from home and back again rather than make use of any hospitality or accommodation. Probably only the very small number of business close to the ground benefit from increased numbers

More people probably stay or use hospitality when they come for the concerts.

Captain C
    Participant

When did you last attend a Wrexham FC match Jane or are you guessing what you want to believe. Wrexham is bouncing on match days before and after the games.

jimbow
    Participant

Jane, are those the same concerts that are held on the Racecourse? The very venue whose clientele support local business.

JaneJ
    Participant

Jimbow – if stadium events are included I could ‘partly’ support but all of the info I have seen is about a statdium to hold international football and rugby

jimbow
    Participant

Whilst privately owned, they are committed to working around benefitting the community. I don’t think this is such a bad thing.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News