Government resignations – Come on Wrexham Athletic

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Government resignations – Come on Wrexham Athletic

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

Is anyone else sat listening to the radio waiting to hear who else is leaving Boris?

When the two Wrexham MPs stand up to him and quit, i will be cock a hoop!

So far these two have towed the party line, ignored the voters and made sure their nests are feathered but this is their chance to shine! Come on QUIT!! You will become heroes!!

parkingmad
    Participant

Welcome to politics

Clebryn
    Participant

They have defended and backed Johnson no matter how awful he has been. Whilst their constituents really struggle, and their Government failing on just about everything, they just don’t care. They keep their cosy salaries and expenses and are laughing at us, just like Boris did at all those parties. just saying.

JaneJ
    Participant

Boris’s hours may be numbered – these two only have months in their role as MPs before an election and they will be out on their ears.

It will of course still depend on the candidates the other Political Parties put up- Wrexham City deserves decent representatives.

JaneJ
    Participant

Interesting statements from our two local MPs – as Simon Baynes was in Downing St listened to the Boris speech and has subsequently made a statement ‘supporting’ Boris looks like he is looking for short term and get one of the roles in Government (as a Junior Minister/PPS), maybe he does not think he will be re-elected in next election.

SA statement of distancing herself from Boris now indicates she is looking longer term possible position supporting a Minister when the new Cabinet is selected.

Listening to the news over the past 24 hours it is clear some MPs are looking to protect themselves first and will be jockeying to carry favour with potential PM candidates to boost chance of being given a Ministerial role.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Simon Baynes MP said after today’s speech by Boris Johnson, “I am very sorry about the resignation of the Prime Minister as I am a strong supporter of his and consider that he has achieved a great deal for our country”

Sarah Atherton MP said after today’s speech by Boris Johnson, “Being from a military background loyalty is very important. I have been a supporter of the PM thus far.”

ChillDoubt
    Participant

So both still support a proven liar who tried to cover up the appointment of a known sexual predator?
    Tells us all we need to know!
    Get these two lickspittles out at the earliest opportunity, they further denigrate democracy every day they spend in the HoC.

Captain C
    Participant

I find it amazing that every one that votes in a certain way is always wrong and only people who vote the way you want is right. Not every person in any party is evil and wrong, politics should be more open and understanding. I like Lesley Griffiths and Sarah Atherton as people as I did Ian Lucas over the years. We should look at the good that people achieve and not just slag them off because you did not vote for them or their party.

zinger
    Participant

Captain C – exactly. There is good & bad in everyone of whatever their political persuasion. Everyone makes mistakes & some learn from them, others don’t.

The relentless bullying that goes on in the political arena totally switches me off politics. If it happened in the workplace, it would be called out for what it is. Bullying. There are two sides to every coin.

JaneJ
    Participant

If Parliament was in the real working world, then many MPs would have their political careers dealt with under Capability Procedures- which based on their work history probably would be out through the door if they did not meet an improvement plan. Forget waiting for the next election.

With so many MPs changing deckchairs for Prime Minster appointments to Cabinet and PPS etc- there is no way that the incumbents in these roles will have the depth of knowledge and understanding of issues and in most instances no professional experience in the portfolio area they are responsible for (slight aside same issue with local Council Members.)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News