Full Council Webcast

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Full Council Webcast

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

While watching the live meeting the names of the following speakers appears on the timeline that runs down the side of the pictures. Are all the speakers pre registered ? The Mayor asks for speakers but the name announced is already written up on the side bar including timings.

Liam
    Participant

Would be nice if we could see who voted what.

Rob
    Participant

One fun bit was the protocol / order of business where it seemed Cllr King wanted to offer his thanks to someone for doing something but as Cllr Pritchard had just spoken he couldnt – I could not hear on the webcast but it sounded like he did anyway :)

Liam
    Participant

I must admit it wasn’t quite the humdinger I was expecting. Wonder if 11 abstentions is going to be the new thing.

DerekJackson
    Participant

It would be good if Wxm.com can get an interview with the new Leader to ask about his credentials to be the Leader. What experience has has had in the past to take on the management of the Council and how he can use his experience to benefit Wrexham. If I remember he was unopposed at the last election so limited information about his background.
    The selection process that Councils operate to appoint their leadership flys in the face of all employment recruitment process. How many other jobs are appointed in Wrexham (or other Counties) with a salery of £40k plus which relies on how many ‘friends’ you have in a meeting to get the vote!!

DR
    Participant

Interesting meeting to sit in on, although wasn’t quite the popcorn and pic n’ mix meeting I was anticipating.

Re Rob’s comment: Cllr King quickly got in a snippet about the drop of homelessness in the area.

For me the highlight was the discussion on council mergers, seeing ex labour members vote for something while others abstained does make me wonder how Exec Board meetings are going to pan out.

JaneJ
    Participant

On the issue of mergers politically how could Clr Rogers and his group possibly support a proposition from the Labour led Welsh Government now they have left the Party. Basic politics says the ‘opposition’ will always remain opposed to any proposal no matter how good a proposal may be.

wrexview
    Participant

There also appeared to be a two votes cast difference between the voting for the Leader and Deputy Leader of the Council. Leader 34 for , no abstentions , 11 against. Deputy Leader 36 for , no abstentions , 11 against.

Rob
    Participant

Already had an email in about it – and spotted possibly the same Dylan that is on here as on twitter mentioning the vote change, with one being:

Leader 34 for, no against, 11 abstentions
    Deputy Leader 36 for, no against, 11 abstentions

One has to be wrong…!

jimbow
    Participant

I cannot understand the way in which the decision to refuse a merger with Flintshire has been concluded.In my opinion we should not agree or disagree to refuse, without being fully aware of all the facts.Two workshops have been held within the Council and decisions made to reject a merger.We are now told by Cllr Rogers that it is TOO LATE to consult with the public.One concern that came across was that maybe some councillors would lose their jobs.Flintshire is a designated special area for business grants,Wrexham does not have this,maybe in a merger Wrexham could have this to.A long standing Councillor still harped on about CITY STATUS.Will he not accept that the public whom he serves turned it down.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News