Free Parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Free Parking

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

All the signs regarding free parking after 11am have now disappeared from the Council car parks and I noted that a lot of people are now paying after 11am

So this morning I noticed a council ticket machine man in the library car park and asked him if it was still free parking after 11 he confirmed that it was, so I asked him where have all the signs gone to indicate this, he didn’t really have an answer just saying the signs have been up for three months.

Is this a ploy to get people to pay even although it is free ?

because as I said most were paying in case of doubt I guess.

Matt
    Participant

Hopefully signs will be returned up as anyone not from the area would certainly not be aware that parking after 11am is free.

If people are paying needlessly, then this is a gesture of poor will from the Council and will do nothing to attract people to return confidently back to the town centre to shop.

Perhaps someone from the council would care to comment?

wrexview
    Participant

We need to advertise the free parking after 11am , not hide it from the public! People need to be encouraged to visit our town centre in the run up to Christmas.

BenjaminM
    Participant

I am not a great advocate for WCBC but in this instance, criticism is not justified.

I have used 2 of the Council car parks today and in both locations, the message ‘machine not working- see charging times’ or similar is displayed on the screen for all to see.

If a punter has not got the sense to read it before attempting to insert money or card, more fool them.

MP1953
    Participant

Fair point BenjaminM but they still could have left the signs there so as to be absolutely clear.

MP1953
    Participant

I notice now that the main notice board’s by the ticket machines now state that parking is free after 11am so if it was there all along since the yellow boards were taken down I have to admit it’s not quite the case that I first posted.

Having said that the fact that this is the case could be put on the board a bit more prominent as you have to read right down to pick up the FREE Parking bit :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News