Four Dogs

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Four Dogs

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

The entrance to the old Acton Hall i.e. the four dogs looks a right mess the council have put weed killer down and just left it all looking very sorry, surly an historic spot like this should be kept in better nick, who is the local Councillor for this area ?

wrexview
    Participant

Not sure if it is in the Acton or Little Acton Ward , so either Geoff Lowe or Bill Baldwin.

BenjaminM
    Participant

With all the troubles and incidents both locally and nationally that are currently in the news, you’re worried about about some dead vegetation?
    Seriously,you really need to get a life and if you want to make observations on minutiae, give yourself a good talking to in a mirror in the privacy of your own home.
    Sad, very sad.

zinger
    Participant

The grass has been scalped in a fair number of places and looks dreadful. There are far more weeds & soil showing than grass. I expect that it to do with cutbacks. I don’t see why the ‘Four Dogs’ should get special treatment.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=133166]With all the troubles and incidents both locally and nationally that are currently in the news, you’re worried about about some dead vegetation?
    Seriously,you really need to get a life and if you want to make observations on minutiae, give yourself a good talking to in a mirror in the privacy of your own home.
    Sad, very sad.

[/quote]

Ah Benji la the great council supporter, you are right there are other issues out there, but I also thought this forum was to highlight local issues and just because someone sees an issue different to you does not entitle you to make derogatory personal remarks as you always do about the poster. :(

Zinger

You are right to have your opinion that the four dogs does not deserve any more special treatment than any other area although I would say that it is a bit of an iconic spot with a lot of history as opposed to just a bit of grass on the side of the road, and as for cuts I don’t really go along with that, “if a job is worth doing” and all that.

zinger
    Participant

I agree with you 100% MP1953. In my humble opinion (to which I am entitled) BM, the state of grassy areas together with flower beds, pots & baskets has to be one of the cheapest ways to brighten an otherwise dull vista. We have many heritage sites which are left to be overgrown with weeds, or with trees growing out of the guttering and derelict sites filled with rubble. If they paid gardeners the same as Kingdom, we would live in a much pleasanter town.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Campaign launched to reduce motorcycle-related deaths and serious injuries in north Wales

News

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News