Forum Changes & Guidelines

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Forum Changes & Guidelines

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Evening everyone – we have a few changes coming soon to Wrexham.com, part of which will be a forum re-jig.

The aim in terms of the forum to make it more accessible and readable, and hopefully get more people engaged. I am fiddling with some techie bits and will post more nearer the ‘switch’ time on those.

One thing we are wanting everyone to get on board with is the below – which is a natural progression as things have grown and the fun and not so fun bits that come with it :)

If everyone can have a read and try and understand where we are coming from that would be great – and keep your eyes peeled over the coming weeks :D

Wrexham.com has created the following guidelines for using stuff todo with the site, this covers social media, the forums and general interactions. Its nothing too strict, which basically boils down to being nice and respectful:

When you leave a comment on a post, forum or Facebook, you start or join a conversation. Being part of a conversation means adding to the discussion, bringing forth new information, engaging others in discussion or just being entertaining. Like guests at a party, just because you’ve accepted an invitation to comment, doesn’t mean there isn’t commenting etiquette that’s expected. Whether you’re a seasoned commenter, or commenting on Wrexham.com stuff for the first time, we’ve got some guidelines for joining the online conversation and hopefully adding to the overall Wrexham.com online community – which exists as we all love Wrexham.

Don’t change the subject.
    Imagine you’re in your fave pub or coffee shop and talking passionately with a group of people about a new development in town. Then some joker walks in and says “How about Chester FC, aint they great?” Don’t be that joker — comments are open on a specific blog post to generate discussion about that topic. Wait for an open thread or better yet, if its a genuine topic you want to talk about – start it!

Bring something new.
    Think you have an original thought? Maybe you do. Or maybe 10 other people have left the same insight in comments. Before you hit publish, take a moment to see where the discussion is, and whether you can add something new to it.

Mind your manners.
    If you’re a cranky person who condescends to people in real life and as a result is tolerated by very few people, this site is not your new whipping boy :D Name-calling and repeated nastiness will be rewarded with being booted away. Not sure what would get you booted or blocked? If you have to ask that, then dont do it :)

Comment clarity counts.
    Remember, people can’t see your face. The same sentence can read genuine or sarcastic – and easily be taken the wrong way. Take extra care to make your message clear and avoid making unintended online attacks. Similarly please be aware that you are responsible for your own comments posted online.

Don’t hide behind your anonymity.
    It’s fine to have an online handle and opt not to use your real name (we feel quite strongly on this!). It’s not alright to out someone else, or be otherwise make accusations or character attacks against someone you name specifically when you are hiding behind the cloak of anonymity. If you can’t own it, don’t say it. There are genuine reasons to be anon, and its likely they will be self evidently fine..

Respectfully disagree.
    We all don’t agree on everything, and sometimes people say some stupid things. You probably wouldn’t call them out face to face – so don’t do it online. You can state your piece and disagree with someone without insulting that person.

Don’t bore people.
    Sarky offtopic comments usually do not help. If you don’t like something, ignore it. Every post or story doesn’t have to be for you.

TLDR: Dont be an idiot and you will be fine :)

( Thanks to the guys at Baristanet who let us crib alot of this, they really hit the nail on the head!)

We are quite excited about the new bits and pieces coming soon – and hopefully the above is not too onerous!

Any feedback pop it over to [email protected] , on this or the new bits you see showing up :)

Cheers
    Rob

Ferret
    Participant

How about Chester FC……ain’t they great?

Sheefag
    Participant

Are we getting that naturism forum that I’ve been asking for?

Null
    Participant

“Don’t change the subject.”

Where I come from that’s called thread drift and perfectly natural.

Rob
    Participant

I agree – and tangents might be spun out to their own threads, with the general aim to try and keep things so its a nice arena for reasonable debate – lighthearted or otherwise ! :)

AMA Express
    Participant

Isn’t a tangent a straight line ?

Can tangents be spun ?

Do those questions deserve 1 or 2 threads of their own ?

Am I boring you ?

Darlofan
    Participant

Bye Maureen😉

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Goodbye cruel world!!!

Forced out and censored by the fatish junter!!

I am going to set up my own post underground, if they let me out of the home of course!

Sheefag
    Participant

Pretty much all of my comments have been deleted without any communication, PM or email.
    Pretty shabby in my book, you can have censorship or debate, which is it?

jimbow
    Participant

@Sheefag 19570 wrote:

Pretty much all of my comments have been deleted without any communication, PM or email.
    Pretty shabby in my book, you can have censorship or debate, which is it?

Sheefag:- 228 posts in 12 months, if you were to add to this the deleted comments, you would have bored us even more.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News