Events in Wales

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Events in Wales

• Author

zinger
    Participant

It it me or does Wrexham play no part in Wales? I suppose that we could be thankful that the First Minister is looking out for the North of the country & keeping any virus spread in the South. .

WreX-iT
    Participant

Its you zinger.
    With our city status and high profile MPs and MSs who always act in the interest of the people, we are a Welsh powerhouse. We can hold our own against other cities any day be it St Asaph in the North or St Davids in the South.

As councillor Keith Gregory famously said, Wrexham is a “pie and chips” town.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Future Events. Sorry, we haven’t got any upcoming events. Please check back soon to see future events.

TimRegency
    Participant

What’s the “problem” being identified here?

zinger
    Participant

There are 9 pilot test events being trialled in Wales all of them in the south of the country. It is as if North Wales doesn’t exist.

Wales pilot test events to get underway – Wrexham AFC say no fans just yet

BenjaminM
    Participant

Does it really matter where the trial events are being staged?
    The purpose of the exercise is to prove whether it is safe for larger numbers to congregate safely.
    The ongoing stupidity of some people perpetuating the myth of an north/south divide is ridiculous.
    I really don’t give a toss as long as it assists in bringing us closer to the new normal.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Recently failed Assembly candidate Ms Harper is trying to make an issue of “ trial events “ such as football play off matches being held in South Wales ! Possibly Ms Harper that is because Swansea and Newport , who have qualified for their respective play offs ARE in South Wales . Lesley Griffiths AM ( as well as being a genuine supporter) is I understand trying to ensure that if ( fingers crossed 🤞) Wrexham qualify that their match will be equally treated !

ChillDoubt
    Participant

BenjaminM,
    Is that post meant to be serious?
    Of course it matters where these events take place!
    You don’t want local businesses and attractions to benefit from the easing of lockdown, no?
    After the latest announcements you STILL don’t see the north/south divide??
    Never mind, only a few more months of this and you can start compiling your letter to Santa, I don’t want you to realise he’s a myth too……

BenjaminM
    Participant

Oh yes, ChillDoubt, my post was definitely serious. 1 match on 1 afternoon is hardly likely to swell the coffers of any business is it?
    Of course I welcome the end of the lockdown as much as anyone and sincerely hope it will happen very soon for all.

As Lesley Griffiths stated, it takes willingness from all parties to make an agreement – do you know what position WCBC and Wrexham FC took on the matter? My intuition tells me that the Council aren’t known for being forward thinking and certainly are risk averse. Perhaps it would be prudent to establish the facts before condemning Cardiff’s decision.

As far as the petition that’s been started, it’s farcical and quite a sad attempt with no actual purpose.

And lastly, have you grasped the purpose of controlled mass gatherings? If you haven’t, let me enlighten you. It’s to test, in a systematic manner, whether it is safe to open up to the wider public sooner. Seriously, does it really matter where 1 offs are held?

ChillDoubt
    Participant

I’m not referring to one football match, I’m sure there are other events in North Wales that may well have benefitted from being allowed to host, but obviously anything north of Merthyr doesn’t register at the Seneddd.
    The north/south divide will only become a chasm with such a mindset but as I say, you obviously don’t recognise it when it’s patently present and has been for some time.
    Thanks for explaining to me about the test events, I’ve been so engrossed in my NHS job at the sharp end of the pandemic that it’s obviously passed me by, probably best I leave politics to experts such as yourself, I’ll concentrate on saving lives.
    Hope Santa is kind to you…..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News