Electoral Roll

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Electoral Roll

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Nearly three thousand voters less on the Electoral Roll and a majority of just over three thousand for our present MP , could be an interesting Parliamentary Election here in Wrexham in May !

JaneJ
    Participant

This again is a misleading statistic — if they are nearly 3,000 down from last Electoral roll what about all the extra people that have moved into the area to boost the base population — overall it must be far greater than 3,000 or all the hype about inward migration to the area and more people living her is not correct.

You are right re the effect on the Election results as demographics and voting patterns have changed dramatically — look what has happened in Greece over the weekend.

dagg
    Participant

Out of my family of 4, my 2 children aged 30 and 25 have never voted, my wife votes if she has time? and I always vote. I think a lot of the younger people cant be bothered to vote.

A Nuisance
    Participant

Out of my family of 4, my 2 children aged 30 and 25 have never voted, my wife votes if she has time? and I always vote. I think a lot of the younger people cant be bothered to vote.

Can’t be bothered to vote!
    What is the point in voting ? you can either vote for corrupt, dishonest and deceitful people or not vote at all.
    I think the younger generation understand this more which is why they don’t vote.
    When parliament starts representing peoples views and not corporate interests then sane people will vote .

justjojo2011
    Participant

I agree. But I’d rather vote for anyone to get in to ensure that UKIP don’t.

@A Nuisance 18220 wrote:

Can’t be bothered to vote!
    What is the point in voting ? you can either vote for corrupt, dishonest and deceitful people or not vote at all.
    I think the younger generation understand this more which is why they don’t vote.
    When parliament starts representing peoples views and not corporate interests then sane people will vote .

BenjaminM
    Participant

I despise people who are eligible to vote, not voting.
    In the main, they are the very ones who do the most complaining when things go wrong or not as they would like them to.
    It would be interesting to find out whether the habitual dissenting contributors to this forum bother to get off their backsides and put their cross on the ballot paper on voting days.

AMA Express
    Participant

Just after the Paris massacre the UK police were urging officers to have their names removed from local Electoral Registers for security reasons. I don’t think they put enough thought into that advice as it’ll not only make it impossible for them to vote but also to get credit, mortgages, verify addresses for various licences and future jobs etc.

johnhoppy
    Participant

The electoral registration system has recently changed and I wonder if this has something do to with the drop in the number of registered voters. Is this another case of it isn’t broken so lets change it?

Liam
    Participant

It’s pretty simple to register, I’ve changed address and it took less than five minutes to do it online.

Lemonpopsical
    Participant

@JaneJ 18216 wrote:

This again is a misleading statistic — if they are nearly 3,000 down from last Electoral roll what about all the extra people that have moved into the area to boost the base population — overall it must be far greater than 3,000 or all the hype about inward migration to the area and more people living her is not correct.

You are right re the effect on the Election results as demographics and voting patterns have changed dramatically — look what has happened in Greece over the weekend.

You have to register to vote – even if there is population growth via immigration it doesn’t exclude the electoral roll dropping

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News