Election outcome — who will make up the Groups and Leadership

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Election outcome — who will make up the Groups and Leadership

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

The fact that you even mention Atkinson or indeed Marc Jones in your posts as possible contenders for Council Leader, is even by your standards rather obsequious.

They both maybe ‘do gooders’in their own right but to lead the Council when both are members of minority parties, is really stretching it. I cannot think of any worse outcome and I could only envisage that happening if elected members had a mass lobotomy.

DerekJackson
    Participant

Benjamin – I’m sure your right about the Atkinson/Marc Jones prospect however you mention Councilors having a lobotomy — had you thought what had happened to the Councilors last time round when they picked Pritchard and Bithell.

According to the Wrexham.com profiles on some of those that have been elected there are a number of people who have had management experience — they may not have been on a Council before but if they have been good senior managers they could make a good Leader. There’s certainly still lots to play for with the personality of individuals playing more of a part than the actual Party they represent.

There is a strong argument that Party Politics plays very little part in Local Government once elections are over when every Councillor should be working for the benefit of every resident. In the ‘good’ old days when Local Government and Welsh Government were politically aligned then there was a chance that aligned Authorities were given ‘treats’ in the form of additional grant funding etc for projects- that has not occurred in Wrexham for quite some time.

Samsung
    Participant

With more than 50% of the voters in Wrexham voting for an Independent – not all of them got in but it does beg the question is there really a place for Political parties in Local Government. Clearly some of the main stream Parties didn’t field candidates either of the right caliber or were unknowns in the Ward that they were standing in to have made any impact. Party leaders need to realize that the electorate were voting for a person they know, someone who came over as being able to make a difference — very few will have taken much notice about what the National Party view was on an issue.

Local democracy is about local people having a say in what is going to happen close to home not about National Party manifesto’s. Local candidates giving their view on local matters the way they did on the Wrexham.com site is an excellent way to find out peoples thoughts.

The discussion on the threads about Cllr Pritchard being the next Leader is somewhat strange he could not even be bothered to fill out the questions — how can his fellow Councillors consider rallying around him if they don’t even know what views he has on anything!!

jimbow
    Participant

Samsung.

This is why I believe each Councillor should have a vote, and do away with the Executive Board. To me there is too much money on offer £47k Leader, 32k Exec Board member, 20k Chair of Committee. This tends to lead to re elected councillors sharing these positions between them. How any newly elected councillor will have a say worries me.

Interested
    Participant

Would love to see..

Dana Davies as Leader but won’t happen. It will be the same failed administration. Probably see Mike Davies the so called Independent aligning with Plaid…as this was what he stood before. Mark Pritchard will do anything to maintain his salaries.

If David Bithell had anything about him he would align with Labour and the rest…but won’t happen. An alliance with Mark Pritchard is just not good. So it will remain the same. But you live in…hope

Interested
    Participant

Regards Independents…..don’t think any of them will truly be Independent. The public think that Independent means they will vote Independently. This is not the case. That’s why they should declare their intentions prior to the election. So the people of Wrexham have just voted to keep the same dull, ineffective, clueless regime in power. So…suck it up Wrexham it’s what you wanted.

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130923]Would love to see..

Dana Davies as Leader but won’t happen. It will be the same failed administration. Probably see Mike Davies the so called Independent aligning with Plaid…as this was what he stood before. Mark Pritchard will do anything to maintain his salaries.

If David Bithell had anything about him he would align with Labour and the rest…but won’t happen. An alliance with Mark Pritchard is just not good. So it will remain the same. But you live in…hope

[/quote]

I see you are back again. You seem obsessed with me. Are you stalking me?

When it comes to voting for anything I will align with whatever party is proposing what I feel is best for Wrexham and my ward. Plaid, Labour, Cons, Libs etc. To suggest otherwise is insulting to the people who voted for me with a rather decent majority. Are you suggesting the people of Rhosnesni are idiots?

Incidentally I see you are talking about Dana yet again. You seem obsessed with her too. Are you married to her? Her agent? Are do you just stalk her? Come clean and put us out of our misery please. People are not stupid, your obsession has been noted.

I suggest you change your name from “interested” to “same old story”. You are getting rather boring.

The voters have had their say, you can’t change that, so why not just give it a rest and see how things pan out. Who knows, you may come to like me, I’m not all that bad lol. Maybe get yourself a hobby for a while.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Many of the newly elected Councillors stood for office because they were disenchanted with the method of governance and way Wrexham was being taken. This was clearly evidenced by the dissatisfaction displayed on Wrexham.com and other places.

Now that we have a new administration, make sure it is just that. Dispense with the old and on with the new – totally. To continue with the autocratic style of mismanagement of the previous administration would be a travesty and a total betrayal of the people of Wrexham.

Stand up and be counted and not bullied into submissive compliance to the will of the vociferous, self proclaimed elite.

Wrexham deserves it.

Interested
    Participant

My obsession has been noted?? Am I one of those you mention? Nope but yes I am unashamedly bias towards Dana. Have posted that numerous times. Am I a Labour supporter? Nope apart from in this local election. In the General I will probably vote Labour because I don’t want to see a Conservative win, but could vote Lib Dem depends who they put up.

It is good to see that you are not aligning with anybody as in joining a group or a party. My apologies for making an assumption, and as you quite rightly say the electorate made a choice…they voted for you an Independent. So good luck.

Samsung
    Participant

Mike would be good if you can get your new colleagues to engage with the overall electorate either through Wrexham.com Forums or other means. The public deserve to be kept in the loop.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News