Election on the Horizon .

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Election on the Horizon .

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

The leaflets have started dropping through the letter box. Two in one week from the Liberal party. They are concerned about local jobs apparently but their leaflet was printed in Dundee!

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

The Lib Dems don’t have enough money to agree a printing contract with a series of printing firms across every constituency so it looks like they have approached D C Thomson of Dundee, famous printers and publishers of The Beano, The Dandy, Jackie, The Broons, Oor Wullie, and Commando Comics, to print one of their less entertaining publications.

wrexview
    Participant

Today’s leaflet is from Mark Drakeford (no mention of Lesley Griffiths) and their printer is based in Cramlington, Northumberland. Wonder what their excuse is for not using a Welsh printer ?

Matt
    Participant

I had a leaflet from Sir Kenneth Skates through the post, but for some reason my wife got one from Drakeford. So I’m not sure how they are selecting who gets a letter from whom.

wrexview
    Participant

Two more leaflets, Plaid Cymru and Conservatives,more supportive of welsh jobs as both were printed in Wales , but still nothing for North Wales as the money was spent in Swansea and Cardiff!

Matt
    Participant

What would be much better is supporting the environment and not printing up anymore unsolicited junk mail in the first place. In this day and age I very much doubt leaflets dropping through doors swings many people’s minds. Traditionally the call to action response rate of physical junk mail is very low on the first place for any kind of advertising.

Do multiple members of the same household need to receive duplicate information from the same party.

Most people can be reached online, TV, radio or dare I say good old fashioned newspapers.

wrexview
    Participant

Not only multiple leaflets but some are actually in individual envelopes as well.Also a couple of the leaflets are trying to persuade me to give them my second vote, no mention of requesting my first one! Can any election expert explain why our second vote is so important.

JaneJ
    Participant

Hi here is the definitive detail of the election and why you have two votes — one for the constituency you live in and one for the Regional List – so technically you have more than one representative in the Senedd- one from where yiu live and 5 Regional ones covering North Wales.

https://senedd.wales/how-we-work/elections-and-voting/senedd-elections/

Yiu need to ask the Regional List Members – current and any new ones standing what have they done or will do for Wrexham

Hope this helps but don’t forget yiu will also have a vote for the Police and Crime Commissioner on the same day.

Matt
    Participant

Looking at the utterly shameful behaviour going on outside the Senedd tonight, it would appear that nobody currently responsible for this country or any commissioners for Crime in the Cardiff area deserve to be voted back in.

We’ve all spent the majority of the last year playing by the rules, desperate to save as many lives and keep as many people safe as possible, we’ve not been able to go anywhere, hardly been able to see friends and family, kids have not been able to go to school and people haven’t been able to work or earn money to pay all of their bills.

Then you give people a whiff of freedom & they act like first class pr*cks to have a jolly putting themselves and everyone who hasn’t been vaccinated at risk. Utterly pathetic behaviour and even worse of how embarrassing it is that they couldn’t put down a dispersal order over Easter Weekend in Cardiff Bay to prevent this from happening.

We’ve already seen what has happened earlier in the week in other big cities. Perhaps you can’t stop people from gathering, but at least a bunch of smaller gatherings in less public places would be better than this.

Cardiff has let the entire country down.

BenjaminM
    Participant

This thread, from the very first post, is probably the most puerile that has ever graced the pages of wrexham.com forum.
    With everything that is going on in the country and beyond, to delve into the minutiae of where an election leaflet has been printed is beyond ridiculous.
    A severe dose of thrush would be less irritating.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News