‘Difficult Decisions’ Consultation – ‘You Said, We Defended ourselves’

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum ‘Difficult Decisions’ Consultation – ‘You Said, We Defended ourselves’

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

Happy New Year to you lovely Wrecsam/ Wrexham people.

Another well written article here on “You said we did” but the Council ask us questions (i did the survey) but they don’t listen, instead they say why they don’t do what we say or say something that doesn’t fit.

You said: “Disagree with Council Tax increase”
    We did: “The Council recognizes the impact that council tax rises have on local people and needs to balance this with the potential impacts on services provided to those people if increases are not made.” (are we American with recognizes?)

You said:“Agree with approach to setting the budget”
    We did:“The Council has a well-established process for budget setting.”

What is the point of responding to a survey if the Council are just going to sweep the problem under the corporate carpet?

wrexview
    Participant

The Council failed to get many participants in this consultation , maybe should up their game and look for a different way of engaging with ratepayers.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Council tax will continue to rise to make up for the decrease in funding from central government. The Welsh and UK Governments could choose to tax individual and company wealth more, but it is easier for them to tax property (and let councils take the blame) because property doesn’t move off-shore (unless it is owned by someone already off-shore or is claiming to be a holiday home and therefore claims small business tax relief).

TimRegency
    Participant

Council tax will continue to rise to make up for the decrease in funding from central government.

Yes, the Conservatives’ austerity cuts remain in place. It will fund the £37 Billion they threw at Dido Harding.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Tim, I had to Google who “Dido” was but mis-spelt it. Hoping Mrs doesn’t check my internet usage.

It led me to Dr Jenny Harries
    – Ridiculed mask-wearing, only to U-turn
    – Argued against testing, now runs Test and Trace
    – Dismissed PPE shortages

Its a good job we have an honest and decent PM at the helm.

Back to the topic, as wrexview said, the Council failed to get many participants in this consultation. I wonder how many of those completed it numerous times too, so reducing the actual number of respondents?

Politics at all levels is corrupt.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News