Crime Stats & Unreported Crime

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Crime Stats & Unreported Crime

• Author

Chris
    Participant

Response time It may suprise you to know that the target response time for the highest priority is 20 min, priority 1 is 1 hour. I dread to think how long priority 8 is (a week) to put it context ambulance response time for any 999 call is six min.
    Today I used the 101 number it took nearly three minutes to speak to a “call handler” dont you just love these improvements.

Rob
    Participant

Regarding 101 there was a webchat a few days ago by North Wales Police Live Chat with Supt. Goss

I asked the following:

Comment From rob
    Aside from 999 people are advised to call 101. I have done that a couple of times before and its rung out with no answer. Why does that happen?

Alex: The 101calls are non-emergency calls into the control room and are of very high demand at times (over 430,000 per year). These are dealt with in turn and callers are encouraged to remain on the line rather than dial back where they will re-join the end of any queue. In September we answered over 94% within 40 seconds.

Alex = Superintendent Alex Goss .

Metalhead
    Participant

Perhaps these stats should show how many event numbers were issued compared to the amount that were then assigned crime numbers?

Arfon Jones
    Participant

@Metalhead 9962 wrote:

Perhaps these stats should show how many event numbers were issued compared to the amount that were then assigned crime numbers?

Hit the nail on the head here, this is where the ‘cuffing’ of the crimes comes into it.

Chris
    Participant

The web chat was a farce difficult questions were ignored or answered with bland waffle.

Arfon Jones
    Participant

The Police Commissioner, Winston Roddick will be attending WCBC Partnership Scrutiny Committee at 6pm on 20/11/13. Councillors have been invited to submit questions to him.
    I am happy to put any questions readers/contributors of this thread wish me to put to the Commissioners. I will probably be restricted to no more than three questions. Post your questions here or email them to me at [email protected].
    Also feel free to attend the meeting it is open to the public.

Metalhead
    Participant

@Arfon Jones 10013 wrote:

The Police Commissioner, Winston Roddick will be attending WCBC Partnership Scrutiny Committee at 6pm on 20/11/13. Councillors have been invited to submit questions to him.
    I am happy to put any questions readers/contributors of this thread wish me to put to the Commissioners. I will probably be restricted to no more than three questions. Post your questions here or email them to me at [email protected].
    Also feel free to attend the meeting it is open to the public.

Think there have been some pretty good points raised on this thread, perhaps a couple of those could be used?

wxm
    Participant

“WCBC conducted a survey on the key issues for Wrexham County, and published that they are: 1. Job prospects (51.8%), 2. Affordable decent housing (39.0%), 3. Road and pavement repairs (35.9%), 4. Wage levels and the cost of living (33.1%), 5. Activities for Teenagers (32.3%) … how is the Police Commissioner building these priorities into his policing plan and measuring the positive impact of police work in favour of these priorities of the community?”.

Arfon Jones
    Participant

I have tried to link and summarise main issues to Drug Seizure figures.
    Plaid Wrecsam: Drug Seizures North Wales.

Rob
    Participant

Interesting stats direct from https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tables-for-seizures-of-drugs-in-england-and-wales-financial-year-ending-2013 for north wales specific:

Drug seizures per million population by police force area and year, 2003 to 2012/13
    North Wales 1,830 2,567 2,394 2,858 3,525 3,744 3,600 3,213 2,571 2,282

Number of seizures of controlled drugs by seizing authority and year 2003 to 2012/13
    North Wales 1,220 1,717 1,607 1,920 2,373 2,531 2,441 2,181 1,744 1,571

Which is broken down to… Number of drug seizures by drug class, type and seizing authority, 2012/13 , so the entire break down for 1,571 for the 12/13 figs:

Class A
    Cocain 172
    Crack 6
    Ecstasy 25
    Heroin 41
    LSD 1
    Methadone 2
    Morphine 1
    Other 6

Class B
    Cannabis 1,195
    Amphets 97
    Barbiturates 5
    Other 41
    (total) 1,300

The trends and what you read in to them depend on the start point but it does seem 2009 was a high point for seizures.

However, much like the parking debate, is drop of 10% people being educated , the problems moving elsewhere etc as it could be seen as a sign of success as well as failure :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News