Council to lose thousands in revenue from Country Park car park closures

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Council to lose thousands in revenue from Country Park car park closures

• Author

Matt
    Participant

This is the spin I’m taking on it as the council always bang on how important their revenue from parking is.

The real story is a bunch of nimbys who were out walking themselves in the likes of Alyn Waters were complaining about people turning up in cars for exercise. This is a local park for local people they said.

Likewise I’ve also seen My Name is Michael Paine Nosy Neighbours complaining about people for exercising in Acton Park and Bellevue that they didn’t recognise as local.

I know the guidelines state that you should start your exercise from home, but it does not state MUST. It also indicates that you can travel locally to take exercise if you need to do so.

What these I’m alright Jack Nimby Hitler Nonces fail to appreciate is that whilst they are lucky enough to live next to a recreational exercising area in that can meet both their physical and mental health needs during this difficult lockdown period not everyone does.

So it makes common sense that some people might need to drive a mile or so to get somewhere practical to walk with themselves, their dog or family. To areas designed to meet the needs of the entire town. So to have now forced the car parks to close at the country parks is a horrible and spiteful thing to have done at one of the worst times we have been facing.

Nobody is going round coughing and licking each other at these locations and is unlikely to be causing a massive spread of Covid. Meanwhile people get to have massive house parties Scot free. There was a big all night house party that had dozens of youths in it locally this weekend that ended with people setting off fireworks early morning and waking everyone up. Yet the police have done nothing about that because they’re too busy shouting at dog walkers going to Erddig.

I’m all for people playing by the rules so we can get the infection rate but let’s cut people some slack for wanting a bit of harmless outdoor recreation to get out of the house for just an hour a day.

Councillor X
    Participant

This latest lockdown has changed you Matt. Next you will be shouting at people in CAP LOCKS.

There was something on the Telly box saying about people wearing masks outside. Open up the parks and make everyone wear masks and gloves and carry 2m rulers and jobs a good ‘un.

Busy bodies need to look at where infection is happening and where people are at most risk. Me and Mrs Councilor X have had to stop doggin’ because at our age we need a car to go anywhere green and you are not allowed to do it on football pitches.

One other thing Matt
    “There was a big all night house party that had dozens of youths in it locally this weekend that ended with people setting off fireworks early morning and waking everyone up. Yet the police have done nothing about that because they’re too busy shouting at dog walkers going to Erddig.”

WHY ARE THE POLICE SHOUTING AT DOG WALKERS IN ERDDIG IN THE EARLY MORNING? That is just stupid.

Look After Yourselves – X

Matt
    Participant

It all started when I couldn’t go for my annual black eye mad eye Friday foray into town for Christmas starting at Sir JD Wetherspoons and ending up at whatever greasy kebab shop could take me. Something died inside me that day Councillor.

In all fairness looking forward to when all our elder and vulnerable members of the community of Wrexham have been vaccinated, my kids can stop worrying about their grandparents and perhaps see them not on a zoom video screen.

Hopefully once you and Mrs X get a jab you will be removed from the vulnerable at risk category and into the invulnerable category – have a bunch of Ageing superheroes tearing about the place once restrictions are lifted.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Another rant Matt of a thousand words (that you could encapsulate in one sentence) that has nothing at all to do with the thread header.
    But, getting back on track, considering that pretty well all Council car parks have been free for several months, I hardly think this latest initiative is going to break the bank.
    However, it does seem to be an unnecessary restriction – providing people can be trusted to use the facility sensibly.

Matt
    Participant

It was clearly a sardonic thread header Lord Benjamin.

If I’m actually going to be forced to be drawn in on the original title then they’ve been taking everyone’s daily quids at the Country Park car parks since October and have been fairly packed most of the time with cars, due to lack of anything else to do in the county. So the old coffers will be down a bit.

Yes I’m on a forum for a good old fashioned rant, what of it? If this is my chosen outlet then who is going to stop me? It’s not like we’re allowed down the pub to let off steam. I also like hearing what everyone else thinks about what is going on in the local area, including your good self Benjamin. I do like the fact that you think the restriction is unnecessary.

zinger
    Participant

Many residents living near country parks have a rather parochial mentality. If WCBC don’t want us to use country parks they should open up far more green spaces closer to where people actually live. My closest park is a good 2 1/2 miles away whuch with my knees is a wee bit too far to walk both ways plus a walk around the park.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Has anyone really thought through this decision? Most people visit our country parks because they are easily accessible, especially to those of limited mobility including wheelchair users. Now all these people will be forced to go somewhere else local leading to more people focusing on a fewer number of places offering opportunities to exercise in the open air. Is there really much evidence that people are catching this disease while out walking in the fresh air? If people are travelling large distances to visit that is a different matter, but don’t resort to ‘collective punishments’ nor discriminate against those locals not fortunate to have green space on their doorstep. Better still, reopen the parks, continue to charge normal rates for up to an hour’s parking and then double the charges on those wishing to park for longer than an hour.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News