City of Wrexham! Wrexham wins City Status bid

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum City of Wrexham! Wrexham wins City Status bid

• Author

parkingmad
    Participant

All councillors will now vote for a pays rise, because they are City councillors and not town councillors.

zinger
    Participant

And here’s me thinking that they were County Councillors.

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

How long will it be before we getting city type facilities – a proper theatre (not one that looks like a school hall), a few sky scrapers (not expecting the Manhattan skyline but one or two to start with), perhaps a John Lewis and a Miller and Carter, and a proper City Hall.

parkingmad
    Participant

No they are going to call themselves City councillors now.

LadyK
    Participant

If City status means the City Council start cleaning the pavements in town like Llangollen seem to manage then I’m for it. My twopence worth. No in depth cost benefit analysis undertaken or animals hurt.😀

Lady K

LadyK
    Participant

If City status means the City Council start cleaning the pavements in town like Llangollen seem to manage then I’m for it. My twopence worth. No in depth cost benefit analysis undertaken or animals hurt.😀

Lady K

Jac y Do
    Participant

Friday 2oth May : As part of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations Wrexham is awarded City Status.
    Sunday 22nd May : At Wembley Wrexham football fans boo the National Anthem – the one beginning “God save our gracious Queen”. ??

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Wasn’t it great Jac y Do?

God save the queen is supposed to be a NATIONAL anthem not the english one so I was one of the boo boys! Its an anthem that represents england’s superiority and control over the other home nations. WELSH LIVES MATTER!

Sad we cannot do it at the london stadium next week too

To be born Welsh is to be born privileged, not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but with music in your blood, and poetry in your soul.

JaneJ
    Participant

Not City status bt City of Culture – we are to hear soon what the Council will do with the £125k they had received as a consolation prize. The item today on Wxm.com with the picture of the land in Henblas Street that was set up as a play area specifically to impress the judges is a typical example of the Council trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes. How many times have we seen these one off to then have something disappear?
    This was just one example that the judges would have recognised as being ‘planned’ to try and impress judges other areas the judges would have seen through is what was happening in Wrexham 12 months ago and what started when a decision was taken to apply for the City of Culture. Really good to see the level of community engagement but most was driven by trying to get the City of Culture status.
    The best thing they could do with the funds is give it in grants to all the community engagement activity and not retain internally for their own short term work.

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

£125k is a drop in the ocean, we probably spent more than that on the bid

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Overnight frosts and a risk of snow with temperatures set to drop this week

News

Retail sales of peat in horticulture in Wales to be banned

News

Festive fun as “mega markets week” takes place in city centre

News

Christmas Grotto at Eagles Meadow Shopping Centre is now open

News

27-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder following Chirk collision

News

Council again look to make Grove Guest House permanent accommodation for homeless

News