Cable Car Plans For Cefn Mawr

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cable Car Plans For Cefn Mawr

• Author

AMA Express
    Participant

The plans are part of a greater scheme involving the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, to make the most of tourism in the area and revitalise the region.

https://www.oldleaderlivestory.co.uk/news/17324480.cable-car-plans-for-cefn-mawr-town-centre-to-boost-tourism/?fbclid=IwAR3LPGtsHIbjiImKkW0fRrYer74nym8Wizzmko-fiE_LvhIfRIgcnw-AJPA

Here’s an artist’s impression:-

pete
    Participant

Is it April 1st already?

yellowdot
    Participant

This is a ludicrous idea and one which 99% of us locals shake our heads at and laugh. Make the village more attractive first for visitors. There is nothing there to attract and I feel that this comes from persons with other interests. For goodness sake get real and stop making us a laughing stock.

DerekJackson
    Participant

Surely funders will not look at this if the community are not supporting it – did this come from residents in the first place or has someone parachuted in with the bizarre idea of a cable car.

AMA Express
    Participant

Read the story. You’ll see who’s supporting it.

DerekJackson
    Participant

I see the one name but is he the voice of the community or just an interested party with a vested personal interest

Matt
    Participant

Very interesting goings on:
    https://www.plaskynastoncanalgroup.org/

We are seeking a loan for this from the Business Development Banc of Wales and have put together a supporting Business Plan. To be successful in securing the required loan it will be necessary for all parties to work with us. The main ones being WCBC, CRT and Eastman Chemicals.

This was from 7 years ago:
    https://www.oldleaderlivestory.co.uk/news/15935982.former-cefn-chemical-site-could-be-mineral-goldmine/

They want a cable car system but they also want someone to start commercial mineral extraction acitivities in the village. Sure the locals will love that.

yellowdot
    Participant

I think Derek Jackson has hit the nail on the head. Whenever this idea is mentioned to locals the vast majority fall about laughing. Whilst I’m not doubting the willingness to attract more people to Cefn we need to start making the infrastructure attractive enough. I hope to goodness the application for funding goes where it belongs. In the bin.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News

A view from Sam Rowlands – Welsh Conservative North Wales Member of the Senedd

News

“It is not for local authorities to fund local or national print media”, says Senedd committee

News

Over 6,000 illegal vapes seized in Wrexham in Trading Standards crackdown

News

Former First Minister Mark Drakeford honoured as one of the “Covid heroes”

News