Average waiting times at Wrexham Maelor

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Average waiting times at Wrexham Maelor

• Author

Mike Davies
    Participant

I would hazard a guess that if all the ex-pats return to Britain from Spain and other countries, (many of them pensioners), the NHS would be swamped. Be careful what you wish for by returning all EU members to their country of origin.

Fugazi3973
    Participant

[quote quote=162923]I would hazard a guess that if all the ex-pats return to Britain from Spain and other countries, (many of them pensioners), the NHS would be swamped. Be careful what you wish for by returning all EU members to their country of origin.[/quote]

Those pensioners who have been taken their (well-earned) pensions from the UK and spending every single penny of it overseas? TUT TUT shouldn’t be allowed.

bubble
    Participant

Annoys me how foreign nationals entering UK are “immigrants”/ “migrants” but UK nationals living abroad are “ex-pats”.

Also annoys me how migrants are made the scapegoats for various issues (e.g. NHS waiting times, low salaries). E.g. migrants from EU are (even now) entitled to travel to the UK, reside here, work here, etc. They are doing nothing wrong yet there seems to be so much resentment towards them and often hostility. And it seems to me to be mainly directed at eastern Europeans.

zinger
    Participant

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=162939]Annoys me how foreign nationals entering UK are “immigrants”/ “migrants” but UK nationals living abroad are “ex-pats”.

Also annoys me how migrants are made the scapegoats for various issues (e.g. NHS waiting times, low salaries). E.g. migrants from EU are (even now) entitled to travel to the UK, reside here, work here, etc. They are doing nothing wrong yet there seems to be so much resentment towards them and often hostility. And it seems to me to be mainly directed at eastern Europeans.[/quote]

People who come here to work and do work are not immigrants/migrants but the fact is there are a lot that come here for the great benefits we have in this country of which you don’t blame them for.

But ex pats go to live abroad go there being able to support themselves, whether you think they should spend their money in this country, I guess that’s a matter of choice.

WreX-iT
    Participant

The number of EU citizens living in the area has climbed by around 4,000 since the referendum held in June 2016, according to the latest estimates from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

Data shows that the number of EU migrants living in the area rose from 5,000 in 2016 to 9,000 in June.

European citizens accounted for 6.6 per cent of Wrexham’s total population, compared with an average of 5.7 per cent for the United Kingdom.

How do we handle the extra demand?

WreX-iT
    Participant

Derek “WreXIt – few points about your post – there are probably only about 3- 4% of the people in A & E who are ‘foreign nationals compared with between 11-12% of the overall population.”

If almost 7% are EU Migrants without factoring in the Non-EU migrants then we have a large capacity problem.

Welcome in those qualified and boot out the scroungers. I am with Australia on this. Don’t let in the dross who come over purely for benefit. MAKE the doleys take the poorly paid jobs that they are too lazy to apply for because they are better off on benefits.

Solved! – you can close the thread now Rob.

JP
    Participant

There is no unemployment in Wrexham, there are just unemployable.

Your average Wrexham doley, is quite literally incapable of pushing a brush.

Marmoset
    Participant

There have been a number of new schools opening in the borough in recent years with at least 3 more primary schools in the pipeline in order reduce class sizes giving pupils more individual time with a teacher. That’s a good thing.

The prison is not responsible for the airing times in A&E extending to unacceptable levels. Your sources are exaggerating if not bending the truth altogether.
    The hospital is grossly understaffed in critical Department’s and a recruitment drive does not seem to be doing much good. Although just reading the posts on here would be enough to put me off having to help any of you in an emergency. Paid or not !!!
    Now don’t get me wrong I am not overly impressed with those nurses that can’t hack the job they’ve trained for and go on stress leave with full pay. They trained in the same environment and survived, now they’re getting 25k annual salary and suddenly realise how messed up things are and undervalued they feel. Wake up nurses it’s what you signed up for !!!!!

So we have a bunch of potential patients botching in the forums and social media and a load of undervalued and certainly over stretched nurses waiting for your arrival. And you keep arriving day after day after day. Different faces but the same disrespect for the people that aren’t off sick and can hack the stress and want to help the sick except maybe today you’ll be the final straw for one of them. And when your neighbour goes in tomorrow and there’s one less nurse available they might end up waiting for what’s left of their lives.

Being rude and disrespectful and slinging mud around anonymously breeds negativity and contempt and if the people of Wrexham want improvements and developments and ways to move forward it’s time to suck it up and be supportive and pro active. Be understanding of what you can’t see and you could save someone’s mental health or even life down the line.
    My source is A legit A&E employee that loves the job more than anything

Matt
    Participant

I predict some of you are going to love this sanctuary town thing.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News