Average speed cameras on the A483 WHY

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Average speed cameras on the A483 WHY

• Author

Ant
    Participant

If you don’t speed you won’t get fined.
    This was always a money making scheme, first it was temporary, then it’s permanent, now it’s having speed cameras installed to rake in the coffers.
    I always slow down to 50mph and it appears that I’m the only one on the road at that time who does as everyone passes me by.
    I don’t buy the air quality nonsense as it is comparable to the argument that if you run in the rain do you get more or less wet than if you walk?

If everyone who doesn’t like it was to drive through town, that would soon get the councillors to have a rethink as the vehicles stuck in queues of stop start traffic would do more damage to the environment than anyone doing 70mph.

parkingmad
    Participant

Well someone is fibbing, they haven’t put them up yet.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

[quote quote=171919]Well someone is fibbing, they haven’t put them up yet.[/quote]

ben10
    Participant

If this zone is a low emission zone and it’s been reduced to 50mph, can I do 70mph if I drive an electric car, they don’t have an exhaust pipe so there’s no emissions, does not get much lower than that. 😂😂

ben10
    Participant

If those camera’s are installed in the exact locations as the zone is marked now, and assuming there’s a camera where you enter the zone and a camera where you leave the zone, the design is not very good, because you could go as fast as you like and not get caught, and that’s because you have the option to leave the 483, before you exit the zone as there is a junction by Sainsbury’s and a junction the other side for the gresford roundabout, that’s if they stick to it’s current layout. I haven’t seen the camera’s as I have not been down there lately. But that was my first thought.

AMA Express
    Participant

I think the company that’s installed them has had just a little bit of experience in the past, so they won’t fall for that.

Huw
    Participant

Ben10, why don’t you put your theory to the test and let us know how it goes?

ben10
    Participant

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wrexham council put them in the wrong place, then realise it, and then have to move them. I would like the real reason as to why it’s a 50, low emission zone rubbish. As I said if that’s the case, if you drive a Tesla then you should be able to do 70 and not get done, will be interesting to see if someone does fight it in court if they get done in an electric car.

Andy
    Participant

Wrexham Council are not installing the Cameras.

ben10
    Participant

Obviously, they are not capable of doing that, but along with the highways they will be having some input.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News