Arriva

• Author

AMA Express
    Participant

The use of e-scooters is illegal on roads and public pathways throughout the UK. You can only use them on private land.

MP1953
    Participant

Comment from the above link/article/ (not mine!)

This whole private e scooter law, is only a greedy, malicious scam from the government so that you pay to use these GREENER vehicles. They don’t want you using your own one because then the money goes to Xiaomi, Macwheel etc, the manufacturer of the scooters and not them. Police only go by the law because they suck up to the government for their wages.
    I think police have far more important and serious crimes to deal with than people who ride these, especially those who do so responsibly and considerably, such as people breaking lockdown rules and making illegal raves. THAT is putting people at risk. Do not listen to any crap on here, eventually it will have to be made legal to ride these, because there are too many around and even like here, police have admitted it.

A motorised vehicle? Please… but you’re allowing E-bikes which are twice as fast as a scooter to be legal? Yeah just keep destroying this planet and sucking up your wages

MattJ
    Participant

Yes its illegal throughout the UK, being drunk in a pub is also illegal. It’s almost as if these laws are outdated. Obviously its about money not safety.

zinger
    Participant

E-scooters shouldn’t be on roads unless insured. In an accident involving a scooter with a legally insured vehicle, they are not covered themselves & the onus would be on the car driver irrespective of fault, hence bumping up their premiums. Hardly fair.

BenjaminM
    Participant

To follow your logic (and I’m not sure I do), the same criteria could applied to bicycles too.

zinger
    Participant

That is true BenjaminM & I did expect you to comment but many of these e-scooters are used by youngsters who have no fear. The majority of cyclists are responsible & use cycle paths where available or at least are aware of other road users.

By the way have you had your jab yet? Mine is next week.

BenjaminM
    Participant

No jab yet and no notification either. My turn will come I’m sure. I’ll just have to continue following the rules until then and beyond.

Matt
    Participant

I was deciphering the long letter Betsi sent out last week I’m guessing to all local households and Phase 1 only has plans to vaccinate all over 50 and vulnerable.

No plans for the average Joe’s yet. I wonder at what point in the year Phase 2 will begin. Because surely if we hit Autumn again all the Phase 1 folk will need a new vaccination if it’s a repeat and evolving protection thing like Flu.

It’s a patiently waiting game all round I think.

zinger
    Participant

Matt, wait until you get the one giving you an appointment. 5 pages on both sides for the Catrin Finch Centre. Everything you need to read on the first page. Trying to read the English version isn’t easy to follow & there is an extra page in Welsh. My fault for not being able to read Welsh I guess.

My appointment is just 3 days after the person I share caring duties for received his jab at Strathmore. It was a bit of a shock when I received the letter yesterday.

Matt
    Participant

5 pages eh – wow they certainly like their paperwork on this one. Glad you’ve both been tabled in for a jab. Looks like things are moving in the right direction.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News