Armed Forces Day and children

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Armed Forces Day and children

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

https://www.wrexham.com/twitterpics/GarethRJones_-1538173476971880448-full.jpg

https://www.wrexham.com/twitterpics/CefnCouncil-1538281240880627713-full.jpg

It was good to see people celebrating the Armed Forces yesterday as they play such a vital role in keeping us safe and support to other services with floods, health. It was however very sad to see on Wrexham.com the pictures of very young children dressed in army uniforms — one was in ceremonial dress uniform in front of the band the other was in combat fatigues – both aged probably 3 – 5.

Should society be indoctrinating our very young children into the military which we need to recognise has a fundamental role as a fighting force -sadly cannon fodder for the future.

Councillor X
    Participant

Oh come on Jane. My kids played with action men and dressed as cowboys and soldiers but none of them joined the army or went off to fight red indians.

If you want to target anyone then look at the kids and adults who spend all their free time inside playing violent video games. 2019 survey – The overwhelming majority of children (93 percent) in the UK play video games. The adults need to grow up!

When we were kids you would be gone all day making dens, playing footie and scrumping apples or fishing. We played war with sticks as guns and ate mud. We were boys or girls and never gender fluid. If a boy dressed as a girl it was dress up and nothing thought of it.

Let kids be kids. They are a long time grown up.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Spot on Councillor x.
    When I first read JaneJ’s post the first thought that came to mind was utter garbage and crass stupidity and unworthy of direct comment.
    However, after reading your post, I felt obligated to support your excellent retort.

parkingmad
    Participant

Well said Councillor x. It didn’t do me any harm, I played cowboys and Indians and war games, probably ate worms as well, I’m 75 now and still going strong.

Councillor X
    Participant

Jane Jordan from Esclusham was putting the picture of the little boy in the ceremonial bearskin on the Nextdoor Ap spouting the same stuff.
    I won’t make assumptions Jane but if your family fought in a world war then you would appreciate the armed services and what they gave for us to be where we are today.

Let kids play and have fun. My lot dress up as spiderman and captain america and nobody says they are inciting violence and if they wanted to dress as action man who cares?
    Remember Marie Antoinette, Queen of France during the French Revolution when she said let them eat worms! RESPECT to parkingmad

MargaretA
    Participant

A little twisted logic here. It’s okay to celebrate AFD, but not for children to dress as soldiers! So it’s okay for others to fight our wars?
    My thought, as I walked through town was how important it is for children to see just how big a tank is, especially as they have featured on our news broadcasts recently!

ChillDoubt
    Participant

LOL, how sad to read someone claiming that children are being indoctrinated is invariably the sort of person who would deride too the Servicemen and women who defend her right to spout such garbage whilst herself unable to summon the courage to even walk through a Recruitment Office doorway.🤦🏻‍♂️

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News