Another year! Whats wrong with 2016 I say!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Another year! Whats wrong with 2016 I say!

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

Well, at the back end of 2015 and with much triumph, a new year was heralded and announced, but here we are only 365 days later and 2016 is discarded like a used nappy or football manager and ‘another new dawn’ – the so-called 2017 is foisted upon the long-suffering electorate of this long-suffering parish!

How much longer are the local authorities going to get away with one disastrous scheme after another year on year.

Ok, so 2016 may not have been the best for some, but let’s stick with it people and make it work. Too often these days’ projects are abandoned or simply re branded like a Snickers or Cif – but change for change sake is not necessarily the answer.
    There have been 17 amendments of this nature since the long-awaited millennium, and that’s official as I asked for a FOI, so there. I’m sure it wasn’t like this when I was a girl.
    So, come on fellow fellows and others, let’s not vote with our feet – unhygienic and smelly for one thing – no, let’s dig those heels in, bury our heads, turn the other cheek, look the other way, turn another corner, sit back, put up shut up and take it up the ars…..chin!
    Let’s start a campaign, sign a petition, whinge on social media – KEEP WREXHAM IN THE PAST!

Happy same-old-same-old to all my friends, fans and followers, past and past!

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=124863]Well, at the back end of 2015 and with much triumph, a new year was heralded and announced, but here we are only 365 days later and 2016 is discarded like a used nappy or football manager and ‘another new dawn’ – the so-called 2017 is foisted upon the long-suffering electorate of this long-suffering parish!

How much longer are the local authorities going to get away with one disastrous scheme after another year on year.

Ok, so 2016 may not have been the best for some, but let’s stick with it people and make it work. Too often these days’ projects are abandoned or simply re branded like a Snickers or Cif – but change for change sake is not necessarily the answer.
    There have been 17 amendments of this nature since the long-awaited millennium, and that’s official as I asked for a FOI, so there. I’m sure it wasn’t like this when I was a girl.
    So, come on fellow fellows and others, let’s not vote with our feet – unhygienic and smelly for one thing – no, let’s dig those heels in, bury our heads, turn the other cheek, look the other way, turn another corner, sit back, put up shut up and take it up the ars…..chin!
    Let’s start a campaign, sign a petition, whinge on social media – KEEP WREXHAM IN THE PAST!

Happy same-old-same-old to all my friends, fans and followers, past and past!

Pedant though I am 2016 had a February 29th ( unless you slept through it ) so 366 days later!

AMA Express
    Participant

Perhaps your New Year Resolution, Andrewmackembailey, should be to learn how to use the “quote” button. Or, better still, just don’t quote the entire previous post when you reply. ;)

You’ll be saving the site loads of bandwidth.

;)

Rex Ham
    Participant

[quote quote=124871]

So, come on fellow fellows and others, let’s not vote with our feet

[/quote]

It’s people voting with their feet that won the referendum for “leave” in the UK and elected Trump in the USA. This practice, which as you say Daave63 is unhygienic and needs to be outlawed, by law if necessary. Can you imagine who would run our beloved County Council if this practice was practiced in Wrexham.

I commend the motion to the house.

Daave63
    Participant

Well Big Mac,
    I doff my hat to your superior calendar knowledge, but yes I must of slept through the 29th as I remember settling down on the 28th reading some of your previous posts!
    By the way, isn’t a Pedant off a dyslexic neck-less?

ps Rex, I welcome your commendation, but please don’t come anywhere near my house with your motion!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News

A view from Sam Rowlands – Welsh Conservative North Wales Member of the Senedd

News