A New Larger Executive Board !

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A New Larger Executive Board !

• Author

wxm
    Participant

How bizzare

wrexview
    Participant

What benefit will the electors of Wrexham see for the extra expenditure off £63,000?

wxm
    Participant

It sounded like the first reading of the school play

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

I wonder what the Price Waterhouse Cooper report will have taken out about how to save money from the Council Members budget. Clearly after tonight’s fiasco when only one element of the Wales Audit Office and Legal Advice was put forward for consideration.
    The selectivity of reports being presented for consideration is just showing that everything is fully decided in advance – all that the web cast has done now is to make those who watch it have less faith in the system that is in place .
    I hope that the removal of Clr Phil Wynne from three Scrutiny Committees is due to his own personal situation and not because he actually asks the right questions which the Executive Members don’t like being pulled up on..

99DylanJones
    Participant

Power crazed Council Executive springs to mind – we have a Leader that throws statements around that the Council need to save £45m – this is incorrect, this was the situation at the start of 2014/15 £15m plus has already been saved.
    There was not one single Member of the Executive pr coalition that stood up last night to support the proposal other than a 15 second support from Deputy Leader Ian Roberts. They have probably kept quiet as some will now take on Leadership roles
    I agree with Carol the ex Labour Group have shown they have lost their way and given up their personal views on representing the people in their wards.
    Come on eighton get your act together and sort out the Council mergers – Wrexham may not be heading for financial bankruptcy but they have certainly slipped into moral bankruptcy.

wrexview
    Participant

Flintshire has 70 Councillors and a Cabinet of 8 members, Wrexham has a smaller number of Councillors and larger number on the Executive Board. What criteria are used to make these decisions ?

johnhoppy
    Participant

The object of webcasting Council meetings was to show local democracy in action. In fact it has shown local dictatorship in action. ‘Procedures’ are used to restrict proper debate (as was evident last night) and dissenting voices do not have the opportunity to put alternative views forward.

The new format of the Executive Board has been introduced part way through the electoral calendar which makes it look even more like a power grab by the ruling group.

I don’t know if I’ll bother looking at any more Council webcasts.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Dylan
    Agree totally with your first point amazing none of them has seen fit to put their new found agendas to their electorate.
    As to your last point don’t give them ideas- they already stifle the members questions ,change meeting times to inconvenience any working people, carers, people with family considerations from participation-I could go on. So all Part 2 would not be a big leap !

BenjaminM
    Participant

With all the devious and almost corrupt antics now going on, it is time that Cardiff sat up , took notice and placed WCBC into Special Measures. It is increasingly more obvious that our representatives (?) are not fit for purpose and rather than applying their efforts to effectively running the Borough, they are more intent on increasing their self-believed kudos.
    It is a certainty that no benefit is being accrued by the citizens of Wrexham County Borough.

jimbow
    Participant

I tend to agree BenjaminM. The Leader of the Council went to some length to say the Council were consulting with the public, and cited the case of the Council not reducing the amount spent on road maintenance, as requested by the public consultation. In my opinion the road maintenance should never have been a cost reduction in the first place. It surely was common sense not to reduce this, but there again there does not seem to be much common sense in these politicians. The changes made to the Constitution at last nights meeting, were put through without any serious debate, as they had been advised by the Welsh Audit Office in a telephone conversation. When the Welsh Government put forward changes in amalgamation, our Leader threw his toys out of the pram and would not listen. On the one hand he listens, on the other hand he does not. The Executive Board meetings come across as the Mark and Ian show. If it is not broke do not fix it. Spend an extra £63k which we have not got, and see nothing in return. It cannot get any worse, can it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News