£900k Spent on Groves School Maintenance

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum £900k Spent on Groves School Maintenance

• Author

Adam
    Participant

Adam
    Participant

I am sincerely appalled at the announcement to demolish the current building. The decision is based upon the poor state of repair despite spending £900k in maintenance since their decision to close it. The fabrication of this decision is further exposed by the fact that Coleg Cambria were committing to maintain the existing structure in their proposal as of December last year.

http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/coleg-cambria-reveals-plans-transform-7716134

In this report in September 2014, 14 months ago, the council were committing to retaining the existing building.

“At the time council chiefs made a commitment to preserve the old red bricked girls school which could ow become a new part of Coleg Cambria.”

We need a 3rd party to investigate this and recent decisions. It can not continue.

The Monitor
    Participant

I totally agree. Once again the, ‘cough’, ‘powers that be’ demonstrate their
    seeming total incompetence. One wonders if a really thorough investigation of the path to this decision would reveal some interesting, disturbing and possibly dark findings.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

I smell a RAT

Plastic taffy
    Participant

it is a disscrace coleg cambria wanted to buy the building but council refused to sell now they want to waste tax payers money on demolition of a beautiful building plastic taffy

Adam
    Participant

Sign the petition if you haven’t done so already.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-grove-park-girls-school-wrexham/

It’s at 485 signatures as I type. For context, there were reportedly 210 replies to the online consultation for the Arts Hub with no indication of how many were in support.

dagg
    Participant

All that money wasted pull the thing down.

thehandofomega
    Participant

Knock it down.

I appreciate the history and everything else but to me it represents hell.

I suffered a great deal of abuse going to that school, I lasted 5 weeks. I drive past it and still go cold.

I wish people luck with the Petition but for some of us, we cannot wait for the fall of the first brick

Born Acorn
    Participant

On one hand, it’s an old building and you most likely save at least the frontage.

On the other hand, it’s a really old building and even refurbished would cost a lot to operate. A newly built school there would be very efficient.

On the other other hand, can’t really see why you’d want a new school so close to the town centre though.

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=105707]On one hand, it’s an old building and you most likely save at least the frontage.

On the other hand, it’s a really old building and even refurbished would cost a lot to operate. A newly built school there would be very efficient.

On the other other hand, can’t really see why you’d want a new school so close to the town centre though.

[/quote]

For gods sake Born Again, how many hands have you got like? A school so close to the town centre could result in reduced school transport cost and could also combine education links wth Coleg Cambria. On the other hand, lets just poo-poo any possible improvements to Wrexham!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News