Glyndwr University’s Sports Hall is set to play host to a series of Wheelchair Rugby League taster sessions next week.
The free sessions, which start at 8pm next Wednesday, offer a unique opportunity as the game allows both disabled and non-disabled players the opportunity to compete both with and against each other.
Competitors of all genders and ages will be able to compete, in a sport which combines wheelchairs with some slight adaptations of the rules of Rugby League.
A brief summary of the rules can be found below:
* There are five players on each side
* The object of the game is to score tries
* Conversions are scored by punching the ball over the mini-posts from a tee
* Tackles are made in the same way as Tag Rugby by pulling off the attached tag
* Five tackles are followed by the handing over of possession
* Offside, knock-on and in-touch apply just like in the full version of the game
The taster sessions have been organised by the Wrexham based Crusaders in association with Wrexham Council and the Celtic Warriors Wheelchair Basketball Club. The sessions are open to anyone who is 12 or over and equipment will be provided on the night.
For more information please e-mail email@example.com
Got a sports club or event which you’d like us to feature? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org