To help get to know who is behind Wrexham.com we are creating mini profiles in the style of ‘myWrexham’ for each.
1. What is your name and what do you do?
Rob Taylor. I create and run useful websites for people. Wrexham.com is a domain I was chasing for years and finally purchased and thus Wrexham.com as you see it was born.
2. How long have you been in and around Wrexham?
I was born in Wrexham and have spent the majority of my life in or around the Wrexham, however even when spending time away (several years in Scotland / Australia etc) I have always followed what has been going on. Take me out of Wrexham, but cant take Wrexham out of me and all that!
3.What do you think sets Wrexham apart from other towns and cities?
Wrexham geographic position in terms of England and Wales gives it a unique culture, likewise its industrial (and further back!) history gives it a basis that other places would kill for.
4. What is your favourite landmark?
Wrexham Racecourse Ground.
5. What is your favourite place to visit or favourite thing to do in the local area?
The local countryside is great with some real hidden gems. My favourite thing to do is to discover new things, which is a cop out answer, but does give an indication to the depth of the area.
6. If you had to pick your best memory connected to Wrexham, what would it be?
Seeing a packed Racecourse when we played West Ham with a snow covered pitch and orange ball. A totally bizzare game, but great atmosphere.
7. Where would you recommend a visitor to the town to get a bite to eat/or drink?
My current tip would be Try Thai, as it is not something that people would perhaps associate with Wrexham town center – fresh awesome thai food!
8. What’s your favourite shop in Wrexham and why?
There is a decent range despite the current economic climate, I wouldnt say any is a clear favourite as there are quite a few high on the list
9. Are there any niggles you have about the town at the moment?
My gripes are probably the usual ones to do with infrastructure, funding and the like. I think as a whole there is alot for the town to be proud of , so perhaps the niggle would be that we dont make the most of it and blow our own trumpet enough!
10. What one thing makes you proud to be from Wrexham?
Hopefully Wrexham.com /plug
To contact Rob direct, email rob atsign wrexham.com