NOTE: This content is old - Published: Wednesday, Sep 5th, 2012.
As usual, the Wrexham Area Civic Society has an interesting and varied series of events this coming autumn and winter. The first meeting is usually held in September. However, on the same day that the Society was planning to hold its meeting, there is an open lecture being presented under the “Open Doors” programme.
( We have more information about the ‘Open Doors’ programme here )
The talk is to be given by Gareth Williams, formerly Senior Lecturer in History, Glyndŵr University; it is entitled “Wrexham’s New Treasure Houses: Education in Wrexham in the Nineteenth Century”.
The venue is Room B26 at Glyndŵr University at 7.00 pm.
Other events planned include:
- Thursday 18 October 2012: A talk by George Jones, Llangollen Railway, “Onward to Corwen”. Venue: AVOW, 21 Egerton Street, Wrexham, 7.15 pm.
- Friday 23 November 2012: 40th Anniversary Celebration and Awards Evening Presentation, Guest Speaker Cllr. Michael Morris, Chair of the Council Planning Committee. Venue: Gresford Memorial Hall, 7.15 for 7.30 pm.
- Thursday 21 February 2013: A talk by Paul Jeorett, Glyndŵr University Librarian, “Public Libraries in North East Wales”. A social event with refreshments. Venue: Glyndŵr University, Library, 7.15 pm.
- Thursday 21 March 2013: A talk by Godfrey Williams, “Chapels and Musical Culture in North Wales” .Venue: AVOW, 7.15 pm.
- Thursday 18 April 2013: Annual General Meeting. Speaker to be announced. Venue: AVOW, 7.15 pm.
Wrexham Area Civic Society say “We always welcomes the participation of new members, and visitors to its meetings. If anyone would like to know more, please come to one of the meetings; further information
can be obtained by contacting Nick Roe on 01978 293247 (daytime), or by visiting the Society’s website, www.wrexhamcivic.co.uk .”