Wrexham.com understands that the controversial one way system on Stansty Road could revert back to being open to two way traffic as early as next week.
Discussions with businesses on Plas Coch, plus the impending Dee Valley roadworks on Rhosddu Road are believed to have forced the change.
We are told it is ‘highly likely’ that from the 25th of October work will begin to revert the road back to its old two way system.
The consultation will still proceed as planned even if the road returns to its normal state, with residents and the people of Wrexham due to have their say online from the 22nd October onwards.
Local residents from the area told us earlier that the one way system has made their ‘lives a misery’, and someone close to Mold Road reported a ‘road rage’ style incident on Friday due to congestion.
We tweeted on Saturday our observations of the increased football related traffic affecting the emergency services:
Fire engine struggling to get out of town along traffic laden Mold Rd with Stansty bridge closed football traffic is added in to normal flow
— Wrexham.com (@wrexham) October 13, 2012
Discuss this with fellow wrexhamites our Wrexham Forums. Other recent threads on the forums include:
Museum Meeting To Consider Collections Sell Off To Pay For Frontline Services
Thoughts On Wrexham's Art & Cultural Hub?
Wrexposure Festival Cancelled??
Removal Of Councillor Malcolm King As Lead Member
Car Damage at Peoples Market
Is It true that 4g is in wrexham?
Wrexham is in North Wales !