Reminder to those planning visit to Brymbo recycling centre this Bank Hol to prebook or be turned away
Those planning on visiting the Brymbo Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) over the Bank Holiday are being asked to book a slot by the end of the week.
The site has been operating a pre-booking system since it reopened to the public on Tuesday.
It was closed just hours after reopening last Friday after concerns were raised over the volume of traffic.
Wrexham Council are now asking those planning on visiting the site over the Bank Holiday weekend, to book a slot by Friday.
To book an appointment at the Brymbo HWRC please call 01978 660796 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. When you get to the facility your name and registration will be recorded as a reference for your booking slot.
You will still be required to display proof of residency at the site and we are turning people away who are not from the Wrexham county borough area.
A maximum of five vehicles will be allowed on site at any one time and no trailers will be allowed.
The following 10 rules are in place for anyone visiting any of Wrexham’s three recycling centres:
– Don’t go to the sites if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19, or is ‘shielding’ because of an underlying health condition.
– Only bring household waste. Don’t bring commercial or business waste.
– Please bring proof that you live in the county borough (e.g. a utility bill with your address on it). The sites are for Wrexham residents only. If you don’t have proof, you won’t be allowed to tip your rubbish. Please call 01978 660796 to book an appointment if you want to use the Brymbo site.
– Be patient if you have to queue. A maximum of five vehicles will be allowed on site at any one time. No trailers will be allowed at the Brymbo site.
– Make sure only one person steps outside your vehicle to unload it, and that they stick to social distancing. – Note that children should stay in the car at all times, and no pets are permitted on site.
– Don’t bring items that are too big or heavy to handle yourself. Our site attendants won’t be able to help you unload your car or dispose of your waste.
– Sort your waste before you arrive (so you’re quicker).
– Be polite. Aggressive behaviour towards staff won’t be tolerated. Site attendants will be equipped with body cameras, and any instances will be reported to the police.
– Don’t touch your face on-site, and bring your own sanitiser if you can (clean your hands with sanitiser before you drive away).
– The re-use shop at Bryn Lane remains closed for now, so keep your stuff for the reuse shop at home.
In a joint statement, Councillor David A Bithell, Deputy Leader of Wrexham Council and Lead Member for Environment and Transport, and Darren Williams, Chief Officer for Environment and Technical, said: “We’d like to thank everyone for pre-booking at the Brymbo HWRC and for following the guidelines.
“If you wish to use the site over the weekend and bank-holiday you will need to book your appointment by Friday on the number above.”
The pre-booking system is not in place for the recycling centres in Plas Madoc and Wrexham Industrial Estate.
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email News@Wrexham.com