Police warning after “car key burglary” in Wrexham
Residents are being urged to remain vigilant and to keep their “valuables safe” after a car key burglary in Wrexham.
The incident took place in the Bro Deg area last night.
People are being urged to keep keys and valuables out of sight and reach from windows & doors – and to report anything suspicious to police.
The following advice on how to keep your property secure is available on the North Wales Police website:
– Always close and lock your doors and windows when you are not at home
– Remember to set your intruder alarm when going out, if you have one
– Close and lock doors of rooms you are not using while at home
– Don’t leave patio or conservatory doors and windows open or unlocked
– Make sure your regular bedtime routine includes locking up the house
– Don’t hide spare keys under flowerpots or doormats – these are places burglars will check
– Keep keys out of sight and out of reach – don’t leave them in their locks
– Good lighting on the outside of your property is a great deterrent
– Display warning signs that your house has anti-burglary measures in place, as a deterrent
– Don’t leave valuable property such as bicycles, tools, jewellery or gadgets out where they can be seen
– Keep photographs of valuable items so they can be identified if stolen and then recovered
– Security mark electrical items and other valuable property – this should increase your chances of being reunited with your property should you become a victim of burglary, and can also discourage a burglar from stealing the item in the first place
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email News@Wrexham.com