Wrexham.com for people living in or visiting the wrexham area

Police say ‘no further action’ after investigation into Wrexham councillor allegation – ‘matter is closed’

NOTE: This content is old - Published: Wednesday, Sep 19th, 2018.

North Wales Police have investigated an allegation made regarding Brymbo Councillor Paul Rogers and have said no further action is being taken, and consider the ‘matter closed’.

Cllr Rogers was suspended from the Welsh Conservatives last week following an alleged incident at an address in Brymbo.

North Wales Police told us this morning: “The allegation of assault has been investigated and no further action will be taken.”

“The matter is closed.”

Cllr Rogers moved from the Conservative grouping on Wrexham Council to ‘non aligned’, a position still listed as of this morning.

We have approached both Cllr Rogers and the Welsh Conservatives for comment.

A spokeswoman for the Welsh Conservatives has said this afternoon: “The suspension of Paul Rogers will be reviewed shortly.”

Earlier this year Cllr Rogers announced he was stepping down from his role as Lead Member for Youth Services and Anti-poverty on the Council’s Executive Board, a position he had held since May 2017.

 

 

Share this now:

.