Fire services rushed to save a man from a Wrexham house fire last night.
The alarm was raised at 8.24pm after a woman visiting the property on Chester Road heard a fire alarm as she got out of her car.
Two fire engines raced to the scene where a 51 year old man was rescued by an officer and taken to Wrexham Maelor Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Station Officer, Tony Jones from North Wales Fire and Rescue Services said: “The fire was contained to one room and this incident clearly shows the importance of smoke detectors in the home.
“We were alerted quickly and managed to limit the damage.”
He said the cause of the fire was not being treated as suspicious.
At the time of writing the man’s condition is unknown.